Sad that this is the first thread I’ve started and it’s about AFC and the real threat of relegation.

After last night 1-0 defeat by Dundee I honestly don’t think we will stay up.

There no desire from our players, they can’t pass, tackle or get any of the basics right. The fear seems to have taken over, as soon as a player gets the ball he’s panicking to get rid of it. No confidence within them. They play not as a team but as individuals. But it’s really the lack of desire that gives me most cause for concern, no desire, might as well not bother.

Ross County showed last  a bit of effort and desire to keep fighting, got their equaliser late on, we would have given up by then. Livingston are doomed, no way they can rescue this. 
  So to me it looks like us for the playoffs.
  United will most likely win the league and  I’ve seen Raith a few times this season, they won’t fear us. Also think if we go 1-0 down in a game we can’t rescue it.
 All doom and gloom? Maybe or just being realistic and almost mentally waiting for the inevitable. Be no one happier if we stayed up but just can’t see it.

I haven't really believed relegation was possible until now but suddenly looking like a genuine possibility. The prospect of play off against Raith, Patrick or Morton & would be hard fancy us they way we are now. Pains me to say it but Lennon would at least get them fired up enough to save ourselves because that fat hun dollop certainly isn't going to do it. Totally different vibe to 94/95 also. That run is was some of the best Dons games I've been to buy you just can't see the current team showing the same fight & passion as that team did. Grim times 

7 minutes ago, EH11Red said:

I haven't really believed relegation was possible until now but suddenly looking like a genuine possibility. The prospect of play off against Raith, Patrick or Morton & would be hard fancy us they way we are now. Pains me to say it but Lennon would at least get them fired up enough to save ourselves because that fat hun dollop certainly isn't going to do it. Totally different vibe to 94/95 also. That run is was some of the best Dons games I've been to buy you just can't see the current team showing the same fight & passion as that team did. Grim times 

Fuck right off, would rather go down

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 8

We are bottom of the form league for the last 4, 6, 8 and 10 matches and marginally 3rd bottom for the last 12 matches.

Don't think even allowing for such chronic form that Livvy will claw 10 points back on us but they do play us twice, so who knows?

Cannot believe that so called leaders are leaving an apparently sinking ship. Interim manager Warnock walked and Colgate has apparently fucked off on holiday in our hour of need.

This situation demands leadership and IMO we don't appear to have any.

Relegation is very much staring us in the face.

Clubs like Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United who are regular relegation fodder know how to handle the lower leagues, they know the kind of players they need to bounce back to the Premiership. We wouldn't have a clue and i wouldn't trust our recruitment team to source players with the fight to get us out of the Championship. Relegation would be the end of us. Cormack should never be allowed back into Aberdeen if it happens.

• Thanks 2

I'm normally the first person to overreact in a situation like this i'll hold my hands up, but I do genuinely believe that we are going to go down this year.

From the high's of Europe to the lows of being in a relegation fight, it's just mental. 

One thing is for sure, regardless of where we end up by the end of the season, we need to launch a protest at the board. The complete and utter failure by the men leading this club over the past 3 years is unforgivable. Cormack just cannot be our chairman, he simply doesn't have enough knowledge about how to run a football club. The key decisions he has to make haver been wrong each and every time. Happy enough to come out singing and dancing when we are winning, then a coward when things get tough. The DoF is completely unfit for purpose, much alike all the other fuckers in roles they aren't qualified for. 

Cormack and his sad little pals have dragged us down so far that I can't see us resurfacing for a good few years, if recoverable at all. 

This needs to stop.

• Upvote 3

The worrying thing is that no one seems able to identify the problem that makes the players so inadequate. Overcoming the challenges that are facing them seems to be an impossibility.

The mystifying thing is how the same team can deteriorate so badly from one game to the next.

Leven probably probably hasn't endeared himself to the board with his post match comments. Looks like he knows he'll be out when a new manager is eventually appointed.

It's a total fiasco and the ship is sinking rapidly.

Will someone tell the board how bad things are before its too late.

9 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

The worrying thing is that no one seems able to identify the problem that makes the players so inadequate. Overcoming the challenges that are facing them seems to be an impossibility.

The mystifying thing is how the same team can deteriorate so badly from one game to the next.

Leven probably probably hasn't endeared himself to the board with his post match comments. Looks like he knows he'll be out when a new manager is eventually appointed.

It's a total fiasco and the ship is sinking rapidly.

Will someone tell the board how bad things are before its too late.

There was one guy who identified the problems, but he just fucked off back to Cornwall.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

County game is massive at the end of the month 

Sickening 

I think that'll decide it... it we lose that, it's game over.   Where we are as a club, we won't come back from that.

Reminds me of the United team that went down last season - no fight, heart or desire.  If you don't have that as a minimum, then it's pretty hard to win a football match.

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Clubs like Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United who are regular relegation fodder know how to handle the lower leagues, they know the kind of players they need to bounce back to the Premiership. We wouldn't have a clue and i wouldn't trust our recruitment team to source players with the fight to get us out of the Championship. Relegation would be the end of us. Cormack should never be allowed back into Aberdeen if it happens.

We need that type of player anyway. Players that are hungry to prove themselves.

They complement the technical players in the squad.

We've just got a squad of fannies. Shinnie apart.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Sonoftherock said:

I think that'll decide it... it we lose that, it's game over.   Where we are as a club, we won't come back from that.

Reminds me of the United team that went down last season - no fight, heart or desire.  If you don't have that as a minimum, then it's pretty hard to win a football match.

File under United, Hibs and Hearts. In those seasons they went down, they went from game to game showing improvement one game and then barely registering a shot on goal in the next. We are showing very similar traits and looking at the body language last night, I dont think many players have the desire or inner strength to pull it out of the bag. 

If we continue to perform like we did last night and collapse like we did against St Mirren, we will be relegated. I just cant see where the points are coming from at the minute, and i'm clinging to a sliver of hope that we can perform like we did against Killie last weekend and grind out a few points to keep us safe along the way.

We have Motherwell, County, Livi and Dundee before the split. County have a tough run with Hearts, us (ahem) Killie and Rangers, but we have to beat County otherwise it could be tatties. Bottom 6 games after the split are going to be abysmal to watch, scrappy and difficult. 

2 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

We're going nowhere. Blind faith, idiocy, contrarianism, flawed genius. Take your pick but I genuinely don't believe for a single second that Aberdeen will be relegated. 

That's the sort of attitude that is probably shared by the board and exactly why we are where we are.

We need to wake up and realise how serious this is.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Dynamo said:

If we stay up and the fans start chanting "we are staying up", lock the doors, throw away the key and disband the club IMO.

This will happen, and there will be a pitch invasion, and there will be fuds live streaming themselves on social media doing it. Not out of emotional relief, but because the cunts will have decided weeks beforehand that's exactly what they're going to do.

4 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

This will happen, and there will be a pitch invasion, and there will be fuds live streaming themselves on social media doing it. Not out of emotional relief, but because the cunts will have decided weeks beforehand that's exactly what they're going to do.

The pitch invasion after beating Dunfermline was embarrassing. 

I'm sure abody who was around at the time would agree that the games towards the end of the playoffs season were magic and bounce filled (Falkirk away my personal favourite). However this is nothing like that, players are just going through the motions with no identity on the park as the manager (whoever it is) chops and changes things every week.

1 hour ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

That's the sort of attitude that is probably shared by the board and exactly why we are where we are.

We need to wake up and realise how serious this is.

To paraphrase The Day after Tomorrow......that time has come and gone my friend. 

Quite a few of us were discussing the possibility of being dragged into relegation trouble, around the middle of December. Sadly the board was blinded by a league cup final and a win against Eintracht reserves. 

Robson should have gone after the 3-0 loss to St Mirren. That would have given a new manager the time to at least strengthen the squad with some badly needed fresh faces. 

Instead, the whole club inexplicably did absolutely fuck all during January. No new manager, no new playing staff. We complacently looked at the games we had in hand, and pictured ourselves as being in third or fourth place by February. Fuck me. 

And now the chickens have come home to roost....we have to make do with an unbalanced, under performing, mentally weak squad that is jammed full of individual errors and that has no fight about it at all. 

Oh, and the support has turned on them. 

Happy days. 

2 hours ago, Russell said:

I'm sure abody who was around at the time would agree that the games towards the end of the playoffs season were magic and bounce filled (Falkirk away my personal favourite). However this is nothing like that, players are just going through the motions with no identity on the park as the manager (whoever it is) chops and changes things every week.

There was a collective unity in 95 that is completely absent today. The P&J had the “Save our Dons” campaign (from memory) and there was a fight from the team and an acknowledgement from the fans that all built on each other.

Tynecastle was the standout moment. And by the time Utd rocked up to Pittodrie I had no doubt we would stay up.

cant say I feel a fraction of optimism today. 

“Never Again” was the name of the book. Which should have a subtitle “Aye, right” added. 

18 minutes ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

There was a collective unity in 95 that is completely absent today. The P&J had the “Save our Dons” campaign (from memory) and there was a fight from the team and an acknowledgement from the fans that all built on each other.

Tynecastle was the standout moment. And by the time Utd rocked up to Pittodrie I had no doubt we would stay up.

cant say I feel a fraction of optimism today. 

“Never Again” was the name of the book. Which should have a subtitle “Aye, right” added. 

I've still no idea how an Aberdeen team that had McKimmie, Irvine, Shearer, Dodds, Joe Miller, Glass and Jess managed to find itself in relegation trouble, and knocked out the cup by Stenhousemuir. Baffling. 

Everybody talks about the Hearts game, but from the 1st of January that year iup to the Tynecastle game we played 15 league games and only won 3....against Partick Thistle, Rangers, and Celtic. 

It was a really weird season, and tbh I don't really recall a 'collective unity'. The team was in freefall (as it is now), and the fans had turned on them (as they have now).  Right up until 16.35 on the 29th April every single person in Scotland knew were going down.....and then Dodds scored and Hibs scored at Tannadice, virtually at the same second. 

There was still plenty of work to be done, but we had all the momentum and the Dabs had none. 

I just can't see this current team turning anything around. But then again, I said that in 1995 as well. 

The way it is looking just now, we would only have 2 home games with Livvy and M'well at home in the play offs. That's 3 away against St J, County and either Dundee or Hibs. If St Mirren drop to bottom six it would give us a better chance of another home tie. 

We’re definitely going down lads.

the club is a complete mess and it’s Cormack to blame. Sacking McInnes will be his biggest ever mistake said it as soon as it happened and it’s been a slow decline gradually since. 

Hope everyone is buzzing for Airdrie away next season 👏🏼