1 minute ago, RedTillDead94 said:

We’re definitely going down lads.

the club is a complete mess and it’s Cormack to blame. Sacking McInnes will be his biggest ever mistake said it as soon as it happened and it’s been a slow decline gradually since. 

Hope everyone is buzzing for Airdrie away next season 👏🏼 

Getting shot of McInnes wasn’t the mistake.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, RedTillDead94 said:

Why? Truth hurt? Shame 

McInnes was resigning at the end of the season. Poor form meant it got brought forward 8 weeks. There is no reality in which McInnes was going to stay for a ninth season. 

Stephen Glass was not a good tactician. Jim Goodwin put some of the worst players ever seen in red on long term contracts. Barry Robson should never have been given the job full time. Warnock has a lifelong dream of managing in Scotland, 4 weeks with us is enough for him to regret every travelling north.

There is no direction within the club. Cormack said he wanted us to be a top 100 euro team. He appoints a Football Monitoring Board to oversee this task. Ever since their introduction, the club has been in freefall. 

What has Cormack done well? You'd think he built the training ground with his own bare hands the way he goes on about it. It was meant to be a "game changer". It hasn't.

1 hour ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

There was a collective unity in 95 that is completely absent today. The P&J had the “Save our Dons” campaign (from memory) and there was a fight from the team and an acknowledgement from the fans that all built on each other.

Tynecastle was the standout moment. And by the time Utd rocked up to Pittodrie I had no doubt we would stay up.

cant say I feel a fraction of optimism today. 

“Never Again” was the name of the book. Which should have a subtitle “Aye, right” added. 

95 turned at the Killie home game.  We lost 1-0 but absolutely battered them.  Players were applauded off the park and the momentum changed.  Last 5 games and the play offs were some of my best times following the Dons.  As you say Tynecastle was superb, dons score late to go 2-1 up and minutes later word comes through that hibs had scored a late goal against United.  Superb atmosphere.

This shower of poofy cunts haven't got a turnaround like that in them.  If County go ahead of us we're fucked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
1 minute ago, NEM said:

95 turned at the Killie home game.  We lost 1-0 but absolutely battered them.  Players were applauded off the park and the momentum changed.  Last 5 games and the play offs were some of my best times following the Dons.  As you say Tynecastle was superb, dons score late to go 2-1 up and minutes later word comes through that hibs had scored a late goal against United.  Superb atmosphere.

Aye, it was hard to believe we lost the Killie game but the support acknowledged that at full time. There was a real unity between the fans and players from that day until the end of the season. Tynecastle was something else.

4 hours ago, Russell said:

I'm sure abody who was around at the time would agree that the games towards the end of the playoffs season were magic and bounce filled (Falkirk away my personal favourite). However this is nothing like that, players are just going through the motions with no identity on the park as the manager (whoever it is) chops and changes things every week.

Agreed and sitting in the car track “ it’s not over “ came on radio , car was bouncing but not too hard as was an  RS Turbo 😂

I wonder what contingency plans are being drawn up for the event that we do actually get relegated. 

It's a real possibility and needs to be addressed now so we can hit the Championship running... cutting staff on and off the field, looking for supplementary revenue streams, bringing in the personnel who can cut through the bullshit and make us a strong enough club, and team, to get back into the SPFL at the earliest possible chance. 

Unfortunately, given that we can't even fill the manager's position quickly and effectively, it seems like planning ahead is not something the club does. 

IF we go down I worry that we're just going to flounder around in the championship in the same way we do in the Premiership, with no direction and plan. 

I guess its taken this long to realise that the club isn't just going through a rough patch... it's in the kind of mess that sees clubs go down. 

• Upvote 1
  • Site Sponsor
2 hours ago, RedTillDead94 said:

We’re definitely going down lads.

the club is a complete mess and it’s Cormack to blame. Sacking McInnes will be his biggest ever mistake said it as soon as it happened and it’s been a slow decline gradually since. 

Hope everyone is buzzing for Airdrie away next season 👏🏼 

McInnes made his own mind up that he was going at the end of the season.

McInnes was shite the last two seasons - he was done here.

He wasn’t sacked

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

I wonder what contingency plans are being drawn up for the event that we do actually get relegated. 

It's a real possibility and needs to be addressed now so we can hit the Championship running... cutting staff on and off the field, looking for supplementary revenue streams, bringing in the personnel who can cut through the bullshit and make us a strong enough club, and team, to get back into the SPFL at the earliest possible chance. 

Unfortunately, given that we can't even fill the manager's position quickly and effectively, it seems like planning ahead is not something the club does. 

IF we go down I worry that we're just going to flounder around in the championship in the same way we do in the Premiership, with no direction and plan. 

I guess its taken this long to realise that the club isn't just going through a rough patch... it's in the kind of mess that sees clubs go down. 

So the whole consultants exercise could be a total waste of time.

11 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Clubs like Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United who are regular relegation fodder know how to handle the lower leagues, they know the kind of players they need to bounce back to the Premiership. We wouldn't have a clue and i wouldn't trust our recruitment team to source players with the fight to get us out of the Championship. Relegation would be the end of us. Cormack should never be allowed back into Aberdeen if it happens.

United were last down for 4 seasons and hibs for 3. 

if they know what they are doing we’ll be down for 10. Possibly relegated to league 1 🤘🏻

2 hours ago, Dom Sullivan said:

McInnes made his own mind up that he was going at the end of the season.

McInnes was shite the last two seasons - he was done here.

He wasn’t sacked

I miss that being the standard of shite. 

He was fucked over by Cormack. It was never going to work out once he came in. We started his last season and could pick

lewis

Logan Hoban mckenna considine

ferguson mccrorie

McGinn wright hedges

cosgrove

mckenna sold before the end of the window for, what, 3 million? Mcinnes never saw a penny. 

cosgrove sold for 2 million. Mcinnes never saw a penny. 

hedges & wright together 5,600k? mcinnes doesn’t get a penny. 

gets to bring in 3 loans. One being a 4th choice striker from st johnstone and another from a 2nd division French team. No one can believe it when we turn out shite after that. 

the money absolutely wasted on shite by the next few managers. 

other mcinnes signings Ferguson and mccrorie later sold for millions. Money wasted on a ridiculous number of back room staff doing seemingly nothing and heaps of shit players. 

Cormacks heart is in the right place but by JOVE he is doing a shit job. 

wish we weren’t still talking about Mcinnes but can hardly be helped when we are 3 points from a relegation play off and our former manager and former assistant manager are both in the top 6 with wee teams 🫨

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
2 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I miss that being the standard of shite. 

He was fucked over by Cormack. It was never going to work out once he came in. We started his last season and could pick

lewis

Logan Hoban mckenna considine

ferguson mccrorie

McGinn wright hedges

cosgrove

mckenna sold before the end of the window for, what, 3 million? Mcinnes never saw a penny. 

cosgrove sold for 2 million. Mcinnes never saw a penny. 

hedges & wright together 5,600k? mcinnes doesn’t get a penny. 

gets to bring in 3 loans. One being a 4th choice striker from st johnstone and another from a 2nd division French team. No one can believe it when we turn out shite after that. 

the money absolutely wasted on shite. 

other mcinnes signings Ferguson and mccrorie later sold for millions. Money wasted on a ridiculous number of back room staff doing seemingly nothing and heaps of shit players. 

Cormacks heart is in the right place but by JOVE he is doing a shit job. 

wish we weren’t still talking about Mcinnes but can hardly be helped when we are 3 points from a relegation play off and our former manager and former assistant manager are both in the top 6 with wee teams 🫨

Mcinnes high flying Killie getting horsed out of the SC by such a shite Aberdeen team says enough for me. 

His high flying Killie team can thank their plastic pitch advantage for probably about a dozen points a season easily. They’ve been decent away a few times obviously also but their home advantage momentum helps with that.

Livi have shown this BS advantage every season up to this one but their bubble has burst. Could still help them recover yet though & possibly even at our expense.

I’m delighted that Killie have said they’re binning the plastic pitch but I find it strange they are because it will seriously hamper them & I think they will be relegated within a couple of seasons back on grass in my humble opinion.

Mcinnes is what he is. A very average/safe SPFL manager

I’m still glad he’s gone (even now) 🤷 it was past time. 

Cormack has only made McInnes appear far better than he is 

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Mcinnes high flying Killie getting horsed out of the SC by such a shite Aberdeen team says enough for me. 

His high flying Killie team can thank their plastic pitch advantage for probably about a dozen points a season easily. They’ve been decent away a few times obviously also but their home advantage momentum helps with that.

Livi have shown this BS advantage every season up to this one but their bubble has burst. Could still help them recover yet though & possibly even at our expense.

I’m delighted that Killie have said they’re binning the plastic pitch but I find it strange they are because it will seriously hamper them & I think they will be relegated within a couple of seasons back on grass in my humble opinion.

Mcinnes is what he is. A very average/safe SPFL manager

I’m still glad he’s gone (even now) 🤷 it was past time. 

Cormack has only made McInnes appear far better than he is 

Yeah! The 8 managers before him and 3 after him are just there to make him look better. 

Good times are just around the corner. 

here we go

20 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Yeah! The 8 managers before him and 3 after him are just there to make him look better. 

Good times are just around the corner. 

here we go

How shite we’ve been at selecting managers before & after him doesn’t change his abilities 🤷

McInnes had a blessed tenure at Aberdeen. He could not have gotten the job at Aberdeen at a better time. All teams with budgets above or even close were in a complete shambles & Brown had come in & done the ‘ship steadying’ for him. He could not fail & no manager of similar average abilities would have either.

27 of his 41 points this season have been at home (on plastic) including v Huns & Tim’s & all their ‘notable’ cup wins. 
EIGHT draws & TWO wins away from home & one of those wins was v our shite team ffs.

That plastic pitch advantage seriously cannot be overstated but it seams plenty are oblivious to it.

Does anyone actually believe Livi would have survived as long as they have in top flight without that shite? For example

one win away (first game of season v Hibs) & 3 away draws 2 v St Johnstone & one v County. 

FUCK PLASTIC PITCHES

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

How shite we’ve been at selecting managers before & after him doesn’t change his abilities 🤷

McInnes had a blessed tenure at Aberdeen. He could not have gotten the job at Aberdeen at a better time. All teams with budgets above or even close were in a complete shambles & Brown had come in & done the ‘ship steadying’ for him. He could not fail & no manager of similar average abilities would have either.

27 of his 41 points this season have been at home (on plastic) including v Huns & Tim’s & all their ‘notable’ cup wins. 

That plastic pitch advantage seriously cannot be overstated but it seams plenty are oblivious to it.

Does anyone actually believe Livi would have survived as long as they have in top flight without that shite? For example

Couldn’t have got it at a better time…. You know when you’d be blessed as fuck to be the Aberdeen manager?

RIGHT NOW.

You can literally get group stage European football for just finishing above a team managed by Stevie Naismith. Who isn’t even a qualified manager. 

but look at us 

14 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Couldn’t have got it at a better time…. You know when you’d be blessed as fuck to be the Aberdeen manager?

RIGHT NOW.

You can literally get group stage European football for just finishing above a team managed by Stevie Naismith. Who isn’t even a qualified manager. 

but look at us 

Again. Our management selections pre/post McInnes does not change McInnes’s managerial abilities. It only highlights how shite we have been as a club for a long long time pre/post Mcinnes. 

McInnes was a blip from club in that they got lucky in finally finding a solidly average manager (at just right time)but only by SPFL standards & by fk they tried to wring out as much as they could from that lucky toss of a coin. 4 years too long imo.