Technical Director

12 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

What does a technical director do?

Exactly. Steals a large wage out of the club budget that could be spent on more important things such as new players. You know. The people who actually win us games. Far too many suits at the club. Far, far too many. 

Just now, milne_afc said:

John Collins 😂

Fuck off. Boy’s a total prick with absolutely zero relevance in the current version of the sport.

Plus he's got zero current relevance let alone future strategic relevance. 

Folk speak about our FMB being dinosaurs then propose folk for the football operation that haven't been active in those roles for donkeys years. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I was in a restaurant behind Collins and Hughes a few years ago. Honestly, they sounded about 12. The swearing and laughing at anything was embarrassing...... a bit like on here😃

Not sure why but I had always thought Collins was a bit of a Victor Mature type. I obviously bestowed upon him a gravitas he doesn't deserve. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

What does a technical director do?

They are in charge of getting the players in that suit the system we want to play or getting rid of the ones that don’t so if a manager moves on or is sacked it doesn’t stop players recruitment and would suggest young players to the manager that is ready for the first team, they are in charge’s of the football structure of the club, leaving the managers to manage there teams and not worry about anything else 

2 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

They are in charge of getting the players in that suit the system we want to play or getting rid of the ones that don’t so if a manager moves on or is sacked it doesn’t stop players recruitment and would suggest young players to the manager that is ready for the first team, they are in charge’s of the football structure of the club, leaving the managers to manage there teams and not worry about anything else 

So what is the Director of Football’s job?

44 minutes ago, starryfish said:

So what is the Director of Football’s job?

Negotiate the transfers of players the technical director and recruitment team want and funding for the youth set up , and try and get top dollar for out goings , and he will negotiate players contracts of the current/ future squad if they are up for renewal, they are in charge of the football side but less hands on if there is a technical director as well so that means Gunn has more time to get the teas in for Dave 

16 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

John Collins would be a good appointment,  though  if you thought  Colgate had a problem  with hun dmcs  ego, then imagine  Collins and Colgate egos clashing 

On what basis would John Collins be a good appointment? What's he done in the last few years that would make him a candidate?

5 hours ago, beef_sister said:

On what basis would John Collins be a good appointment? What's he done in the last few years that would make him a candidate?

OK fair question. 

I think  he has been  around  the game long enough,  he has played at the top of the game I the UK and the continent 

He has worked under some good managers. 

He has an arrogance  that I think  Is important in that role. He'd not a yes man colgate has surrounded  himself with yes men to date and look how its turned out.

Perhaps  you could  argue he is more suited to a coaching  position