Most hated Aberdeen player

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

IIRC he was signed as a direct replacement for Andy Watson. I'm sure the fee we got for Watson pretty much covered what we paid for Stark. I also think he had a better than 1 goal in 3 appearances for us despite not being an absolute first choice starter.

Maybe because he came in a few weeks after we lifted the ECWC he wasn't viewed in the same esteem as the players that had but overall in his 4 years or so with us I think we got good value for our very modest outlay on him

Agreed, looking back his stats were solid....I just got it my head he was a donkey, which he clearly wasn't.

10 hours ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

Mind back early '91, nipped into a quiet sunday evening boozer in Glasgow city for a pint

Just settled down up the back and notice a gaggle of blazers appear at the bar

Who's that one in the middle..  ffs its Davie R.. in a hun blazer and tie

Walked out in disgust.  You still owe me that pint, Davie boy

What makes that even worse is that if it was early 91, he was still a Dons player.

14 hours ago, ab24_5qh said:

I had an irrational hatred of Billy Stark.....I'm  not entirely sure why but I think I felt he was a real drop in quality compared to the midfield we had at the time.

He used to get stick from some fans(all jump on bandwagon) for no reason.

Gave his all every game,Sir Alex said he was mom many times.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Torry Tosser said:

Billy Stark was under rated with us , a bit like Brian Grant, and Bobby Connor  in that regards. 

But stark was and still us the only midfield  player to score 100 top division  goals since the league  reconstruction in 1975.

• Upvote 3
4 hours ago, shut up meg said:

I despised Anthony O'Connor, ultimate DMC player, fucking average in all positions.

Good call. Hated him. Also that guy ‘Dan’ from Sunderland who I’ve half forgotten.

Fuck him. Mackem prick

6 hours ago, shut up meg said:

I despised Anthony O'Connor, ultimate DMC player, fucking average in all positions.

Lovely celebration though

He always looked to me like the kind of guy that would have dandruff, though

AND that horrible situation where the hairline at the bottom of the back of your head is really uneven, growing too long down at the corners

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

He always looked to me like the kind of guy that would have dandruff

AND that horrible situation where the hairline at the bottom of the back of your head is really uneven, growing too long down at the corners

Hahaha love you!

• Like 1

Some really strange choices in this thread.

Paul Bernard

Stewart McKimmie

Billy Stark

Bernard has his injuries but he was quality.

Stewart McKimmie is a million times better than any right back we've had at the club in years. Plus he was the ultimate run through a brick wall sort of guy. He gave his all for Aberdeen and wore his heart on his sleeve. Top top player for us. 

Billy Stark. As has been said previously he was extremely talented and extremely underrated in the grand scale of things. He would waltz into our squad and be lauded by fans in this day and age. Silky player who could also put himself about. 

Three ridiculous candidates for "most hated". 

My word.

• Upvote 3
19 hours ago, ab24_5qh said:

Agreed, looking back his stats were solid....I just got it my head he was a donkey, which he clearly wasn't.

60 goals in 149 appearances. Often heard people complain about him not tackling enough if I remember correctly. In my opinion he was a big loss at the time, a greatly underrated player…

7 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Billy Stark was brilliant for AFC. Ferguson acquired many a player from St. Mirren during his reign (Weir, Cowan, McDougall, Bell, and Stark IIRC) and he certainly was of equal value, if not more than, the fellow acquisitions from the buddies, depending on your slant on this.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Billy Stark was brilliant for AFC. Ferguson acquired many a player from St. Mirren during his reign (Weir, Cowan, McDougall, Bell, and Stark IIRC) and he certainly was of equal value, if not more than, the fellow acquisitions from the buddies, depending on your slant on this.

Ian Cameron. 
Ricky Gillies. 
David Winnie. 
£1m for those 3 🤮

Not Fergie obviously. 
Alex Smith, Aitken & Willie respectively.

22 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ian Cameron. 
Ricky Gillies. 
David Winnie. 
£1m for those 3 🤮

Not Fergie obviously. 

My memory is a bit hazy but was Cameron not a very talented player but got severely hampered with injuries while with us? 

I do remember him scoring an absolute worldly strike in a cup semi against Celtic to put us through. 

29 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ian Cameron. 
Ricky Gillies. 
David Winnie. 
£1m for those 3 🤮

Not Fergie obviously. 

Ricky Gillies was my 'he'll come good' for a couple of years. Unfortunately he did not.

40 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ian Cameron. 
Ricky Gillies. 
David Winnie. 
£1m for those 3 🤮

Not Fergie obviously. 

Cameron was a great player  just never fully fit ,

The  skol  Cup semi final in 1989 he single  handedly tore the Tim's a new arsehole

21 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

IIRC he was signed as a direct replacement for Andy Watson. I'm sure the fee we got for Watson pretty much covered what we paid for Stark. I also think he had a better than 1 goal in 3 appearances for us despite not being an absolute first choice starter.

Maybe because he came in a few weeks after we lifted the ECWC he wasn't viewed in the same esteem as the players that had but overall in his 4 years or so with us I think we got good value for our very modest outlay on him

I always  thought  he was signed to replace Strachan.

And to think we sold him for 50,000

Anyone who didn`t rate Billy Stark is either not a true Dandie or just doesn`t understand fitba.

He was immense for us and his goals tally was brilliant for a midfielder.

One of the most depressing days as a Dons fans (and there`s been a few in the last 30 odd years) was when he was abused by a section of the "support" when he came on as a sub at a home game - horrendous hunnish behaviour. No debate.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, The Lighthouse said:

Anyone who didn`t rate Billy Stark is either not a true Dandie or just doesn`t understand fitba.

He was immense for us and his goals tally was brilliant for a midfielder.

One of the most depressing days as a Dons fans (and there`s been a few in the last 30 odd years) was when he was abused by a section of the "support" when he came on as a sub at a home game - horrendous hunnish behaviour. No debate.

I can see why many didn't take to him. He had a laziness about him and he just didn't look like a footballer. Looked too much like BA Robertson and we all know what happened to his dream. He was a good player for us though.

Underrated like Dougie Bell. 

16 hours ago, Millertime said:

He always looked to me like the kind of guy that would have dandruff, though

I see where you’re coming from with regards to the dandruff. 

However, I only remember him having short-ish hair at the back. Are you sure about that one? 

:offtopic:

13 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ian Cameron. 
Ricky Gillies. 
David Winnie. 
£1m for those 3 🤮

Not Fergie obviously. 

Ian Cameron will be solely remembered for his winning goal against celtic in the SF of the LC in 1989, setting us on way to winning the trophy that season. It was either a strike of beautiful precision or an unorthodox hit that nestled in the postage stamp. Who cares though. It was a lovely, timely goal.

David Winnie will be remembered for his MotM performance for AFC in the Skol Cup final of 1992. He was fucking superb that day.

And Ricky Gillies will be remembered for......🤔