Beatles

1 hour ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Going to be poppy. I know it's more hip to say Revolver but Nigel Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is popular for a reason. It's a terrific LP. Every song and I mean every song on it is amazing.

When I'm 64 is not, by any metric, amazing. 

1 hour ago, styrofoamplates said:

Never really been a fan. 

Think Rubber Soul is a great album, but others don't do it for me. 

Prefer The Monkees. 

You into primates as well, Gary? Fuck's sake, min.

Aye, the Beatles are what they are, they're the Beatles, beyond criticism. I find their music post-1966 overproduced, too much engineering wank going on in them. 1963-1966 is the great era for the Beatles, for me. Sgt. Pepper was the album that launched a thousand shit, disappear-up-your-arse "concept" albums and prog rock, some great, some total shite. 

Beatles for Sale is fun, very relaxing. Six of the 14 tracks are covers. They seemed to be enjoying themselves when the recorded cover versions as well as their own songs, but that stopped with Rubber Soul. 

It's a great, great pity that there are no great Beatles live concerts that are both great performances and great audio quality with no screaming on them. All of the 1960-63 tapes are poor quality recordings. Folk have remastered/upscaled footage and matched that to good soundboards over the past few years. If you have a decent sound booster app, these sound great.

Big Beatles/ McCartney fan. 

second half of rubber soul and second half of Abbey Rd = dynamite.

of all the solo work, Ringo’s first album is ace and McCartneys solo work pissed all over that idiot Lennons imo. Wings were rubbish.

ringos drums on She Said - aceic. That’s basically the first oasis song 

• 2 weeks later...