Peter Silky Heatherston

19 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Dumbfounding how Hetherston was bought with a view to filling the void left by Jim Bett, who had moved to Iceland after 9 years at AFC, then on to Hearts.

I completely forgot he came back to hearts until I saw him on a highlights reel the other day.

Great player Jazza.  We should have renamed the postage stamp of the goals at the RDS in his honour, the number of times he burst it.

Happy days.

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Jim Bett finds his way in to my best ever Dons X1.

Great player. 

Great player indeed, but he used to be frustrating as hell sometimes slowing the play down when we were in the ascendancy. Forwards would show their frustrations.

3 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I completely forgot he came back to hearts until I saw him on a highlights reel the other day.

Great player Jazza.  We should have renamed the postage stamp of the goals at the RDS in his honour, the number of times he burst it.

Happy days.

You are spot on min. He was a marvellous player for us.

His shooting accuracy was top drawer and it would be very fitting if one of the postage stamps in the goals closest to the RDS was named in his honour.

Come to think of it, Bett Park sounds better than Cormack Park.

35 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Ditto here min. A shoe-in for my best ever AFC XI as well.👍

Sorry MAD pal, but it’s ‘shoo-in’. Agreement on Bett though, he’s in my all time top 3 and he had the pleasure of seeing me at my best too. 

1 hour ago, milne_afc said:

Sorry MAD pal, but it’s ‘shoo-in’. Agreement on Bett though, he’s in my all time top 3 and he had the pleasure of seeing me at my best too. 

You must’ve been born when he was at the huns eh? 

3 hours ago, milne_afc said:

He mustve went to all his loons games. I mind him standing on the sidelines whenever we played Dyce. Was always a thrill cos he was ace and id be seeing him at Pittodrie that afternoon. Would see Simmie too when we played Newmacher. (inc Ross Tokely the cunt)

13 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Jim Bett finds his way in to my best ever Dons X1.

Great player. 

When at High school, I used to get great mileage out of stating Bett was better than McStay, indeed the best midfielder in Scotland.

Sellick dweebs would be howling in outrage.

Great days.

• Upvote 2

Hetherston once drove past me in Coatbridge, as I was walking near Kirkwood train station.

(I knew it was him as , for some reason, he had his name in Italics on the car doors - maybe a sponsorship thing?)

I will need to keep that quiet now, I used to dine out on that FFS.

On 3/23/2024 at 10:39 PM, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Dumbfounding how Hetherston was bought with a view to filling the void left by Jim Bett, who had moved to Iceland after 9 years at AFC, then on to Hearts.

Scottish players from the mid 90s onwards have mostly been pretty shite to be honest. Bett was among the last of a dying breed. No chance of replacing him.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, BrisDon said:

Scottish players from the mid 90s onwards have mostly been pretty shite to be honest. Bett was among the last of a dying breed. No chance of replacing him.

In ball carrying style the closest red I can think of is probably Lewis Ferguson when he arrived , before Derek implemented his 2DM, extra defender at set pieces might even do a job at right back philosophy.

12 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

When at High school, I used to get great mileage out of stating Bett was better than McStay, indeed the best midfielder in Scotland.

Great days.

One of the most over rated players in Scottish football history

• Upvote 4
19 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Great days.

That boy McStay has potential, I hear (a billion times from Celtic fans). 🙄

On 3/23/2024 at 2:27 AM, Belabedlam said:

Coatbridge jakey & wannabe hardman. Boy's an absolute arsehole.

I'd rather live in Gaza than grow up in that shitehole. At least people in Airdrie & Coatbridge deserve to be carpet bombed into oblivion.

rt

On 3/23/2024 at 2:27 AM, Belabedlam said:

Coatbridge jakey & wannabe hardman. Boy's an absolute arsehole.

I'd rather live in Gaza than grow up in that shitehole. At least people in Airdrie & Coatbridge deserve to be carpet bombed into oblivion.

rt