Don Fonte's F*ck Offs.

Don Fonte

3 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Re bold = gross exaggeration, if it has any basis in reality at all.

Cumberland's victory was hugely popular in Scotland and he was feted and honoured among lowland scots.

And those numbers are way off for culloden (?).  The Jacobites had 5 or 6,000, the Government maybe 1 or 2,000 more.

The jacobites has scots, english, irish and possible even french.  The Government Scots and English.

They were two British armies facing off, one official, one rebel.

As with civil war, there are plenty of people happy with the way things panned out, those moaning do so on bad understanding of history!

Fuck off.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Don Fonte

1 minute ago, NorfolkDandy said:

A combination of the following guess.....

- A temper tantrum in the aftermath

- The thought of a 7/8 hour drive ahead of us

- Stooping to the same pathetic levels on retort to the initial comment in question

- Adopt a similar posting style that half a dozen or so continually pass off as humour

I'm 100% Scottish, though, but thanks for your concern 😂

Fuck off.

1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Although the masons would technically accept them, the Church forbids Catholics from joining the masons and regards it is a sin.  

The masons technically accept anyone of any faith who believes in a higher power, essentially meaning they are indifferent to the nature specific religions and regard them all as being much of a muchness.

This conflicts with Catholic doctrine, which teaches that the Catholic faith alone is true and all others false.  Which is, of course, correct.

Additionally, like any right thinking people, the Church dislikes and is suspicious of secret clubs.

The Church is at a low point in its history, to the extent that its often suggested that its philosophical hostility to freemasonry or false religions has ended (it often does erroneous things which justify such suggestions).

But, regarding the masons, it has come out swinging in recent months, reminding us that Catholics are forbidden from joining.

Caveats:

- while the masons technically accept anyone of faith, lodges in Scotland will be chock full of huns who would be suspicious of Catholic joiners.

- there will be plenty of nominal Catholics in the masons, but they are not kidding anyone but themselves.

NRT

Fuck off.

1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

The former is a public protestant fraternity and the second a shadowy fraternity for people who believe in a supreme being and the immortality of the soul.

The former is concerned with protestant supremacy, the second allegedly a network of personal favours and unseen advantages.

(Re the OO - as there are 10s of 1000s of different protestant groups, all with their own beliefs, imo a protestant fraternity is more honestly called a not-Catholic fraternity.)

I think in large part both are chiefly drinking clubs.

My grandfather and uncle (both deceased) on my father side were both masons, yet neither was remotely religious.  

Fuck off again.

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

I'd like to see Peter Shilton on Celebrity Chase. It ends with everyone losing their homes. Including Bradley Walsh. And the audience.

Bradley Walsh: "Oh well! Join us next week, when we have... [reads teleprompter]... Colin Hendry on the show? Oh fuck me..."

Fuck off.

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Me and the missus went to Portrush last September, lovely scenery, folk were spot on , and the guy checking the motor at Larne was an Aberdeen fan , he was particularly complimentary of my retro JVC shirt 

Fuck off.

29 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

The guy isn't a politician, he is alleged to have made the remarks at a meeting at his own firm.  It seems like a private joke which some clipe has seized on.

The comments occurred 5 years ago (according to BBC) which does show the rather contrived nature of the story.

Abbot owes her entire political career to being black - certainly its not down to political talent - and being embroiled in regular racism scandals is the oxygen which keeps her career going.

Ironically, Abbot herself is currently suspended from the Labour party after trivialising racism faced by Irish, Jews and gypsys.  She was clearly threatened by others enroaching onto her turf of being a victim of racism. 

This again (for me) shows how hollow the fuss is, as well as how stupid Abbot is - pontificating about racism while being suspended due to racism.

Fuck off.

• Upvote 2