£150 Amazon voucher

30 minutes ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

Won an amazing amazon voucher down the local at weekend, what should I buy with it? 

Was going to buy all my veggies for planting in my gairden, but would prefer to bide local when sourcing seed.

Why would you buy, and then plant, vegetables if they are already grown, ripe, and ready to eat min?

1 hour ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

Won an amazing amazon voucher down the local at weekend, what should I buy with it? 

Was going to buy all my veggies for planting in my gairden, but would prefer to bide local when sourcing seed.

What do you grow?

14 minutes ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

Neeps, tatties, carrots, peas, beans, beetroot, kale.

Do you dessicate them, or just eat them when they're fresh?

I'm mainly growing tomatoes, peppers, beans, and maybe peas and onions... though I'm murder at anything but tomatoes and peppers. 

Are you growing in ground, raised beds, or pots?

6 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Do you dessicate them, or just eat them when they're fresh?

I'm mainly growing tomatoes, peppers, beans, and maybe peas and onions... though I'm murder at anything but tomatoes and peppers. 

Are you growing in ground, raised beds, or pots?

Get a bit of the fermers next door fallow grun so a’thing grown in the grun, weeding is a nightmare.

Always eat them fresh, can see myself feasting on peas straight from the pod or chawing on a neep straight from the grun if I’ve my tapner with me. 

You on the raised beds? 

40 minutes ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

Get a bit of the fermers next door fallow grun so a’thing grown in the grun, weeding is a nightmare.

Always eat them fresh, can see myself feasting on peas straight from the pod or chawing on a neep straight from the grun if I’ve my tapner with me. 

You on the raised beds? 

I've limited space. My place is all landscaping and the like, so I'd have to plant on a lawn or a flower bed, so that's a non starter. 

I mostly use 5 gallon buckets and pots, but then you get limited harvests, aside from peppers. You can't stop peppers growing. 

Going to smoke jalapenos to make chipotle this year. See how that goes... but jealous as fuck that you've got a spot of land to grow on. 

3 hours ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

ehl pliy ye some del amitri n dinosair jnr n watch yer soul melt

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I've limited space. My place is all landscaping and the like, so I'd have to plant on a lawn or a flower bed, so that's a non starter. 

I mostly use 5 gallon buckets and pots, but then you get limited harvests, aside from peppers. You can't stop peppers growing. 

Going to smoke jalapenos to make chipotle this year. See how that goes... but jealous as fuck that you've got a spot of land to grow on. 

Thought you owned land Kelt, with all your chat about felling trees and wrestling wildlife?

23 minutes ago, Arabian Knight said:

nae great loss...ez never ony pics tae beck up ez tales..niver ony proof ..jist anither fantasist..ez stocks low

Disappointing. I thought he was some kind of Grizzly Adams character, turns out he has a lawn and grows veg in plant pots.

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

Taco cat goat cheese pizza

14 hours ago, Ke1t said:

The weeding takes over my life, but when you get fresh vegetables it’s all worth it.

Neat idea with the buckets, you’ll nae get harbro ones ower yonder 😉

15 hours ago, Ke1t said:

5 gallon buckets?

you want to grow the stuff in 10 gallon stetsons that way you will get more produce

8 hours ago, sigh said:

5 gallon buckets?

you want to grow the stuff in 10 gallon stetsons that way you will get more produce

Grew tatties in big material containers. Probably 10 gallon... think I managed to grow as many as I planted, for a net gain of zero tatties. 

They show you them harvesting fuckloads of tatties, but it all lies. 

spacer.png