RIP ‘Punk’

1 minute ago, sheepcrooky said:

He sat not far behind me in the RDS. He certainly knew how to swear 😀

Someone told me at the Ross County game on Saturday he had died, bloody shame that. Seemed a nice enough guy. 

He used to start a lot of songs in the old beach end. He taught me swear words 😄

24 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Used to live in Torry? 

Sat in the middle of The Beach End? 

Not sure about Torry as King Street area when I first met him.He did sit in middle along with a Pacitti. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sad news.

My first encounter was sitting in the seat right next to him at the 5-0 capitulation against the SuperJs at McDiarmid in 1990. Main stand for some reason down at the front near the dugouts. 

Was entranced by the double denim and long hair look. Cant remember much swearing from him, but from then on always spotted him wherever we were at an away game.

RIP

• Upvote 1

FFS .

I got made aware of this from my mate just now .

Punk was a good guy first met him on a job beside the Duthie park back in 1978 i was doing the heating and he was doing the re-wiring .

We used to go to the duncing the beach ballroom at the time one of the nicest of guys you'd ever meet .

He was staying near Aberdeen university he loved it there near pittodrie and his daughter .

Last saw him at a Christmas night just past for a Christmas meal he was  out with fellow ex BT workers always great to chat with him .

I'm in shock and feeling upset 😢 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

BBB says he knew him well.

He first met him in 1970 e was called Punk even then well before the music came.

He saw him regularly at the fitba in the 70s YY Crew (skinheeds) and he stayed in Vikky road when BBB stayed in Abbey Place in the 80s .

He said he was a lovely bloke .

Rest in peace Punk.

5 hours ago, Edwin Starr said:

FFS .

I got made aware of this from my mate just now .

Punk was a good guy first met him on a job beside the Duthie park back in 1978 i was doing the heating and he was doing the re-wiring .

We used to go to the duncing the beach ballroom at the time one of the nicest of guys you'd ever meet .

He was staying near Aberdeen university he loved it there near pittodrie and his daughter .

Last saw him at a Christmas night just past for a Christmas meal he was  out with fellow ex BT workers always great to chat with him .

I'm in shock and feeling upset 😢 

Sorry .

Correction he was staying downstairs from his son .

28 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

It must be terrible to have a poorly attended funeral. I’d be hoping for triple digits, at least.

Your wife could expect at least that many up her fud if any deviants on here attend 

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1

Has there been a ‘fit do you want your funeral/ wake to be like’ thread? 

every wake I’ve been too (of young folk passing) has been complete madness. Better than a wedding every day of the week 

edit, RIP punk obvz