The Jimmy Thelin Thread...

7 hours ago, JamieMT said:

Very much looks like Thelin's all but a done deal. Impressive resume, on an upward trajectory, add in a little bit of the unknown about our incoming manager. Genuinely excited about his appointment.

I'm pretty much at the same place, oh ye wielder of the mighty magic torch.

7 hours ago, NEM said:

Was an interview posted of him a few days ago, speaks better English than Barry Robson 

So does Chewbacca though. 👈

Actually, there was a fairly prominent poster on here in the guise of the monumental, intergalactic and indecipherable furball.

Where he go?

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

So does Chewbacca though. 👈

Actually, there was a fairly prominent poster on here in the guise of the monumental, intergalactic and indecipherable furball.

Where he go?

California.

He's probably into guns and baseball and fentanyl now.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Willo flood said:

My guess is, statement tomorrow saying that Thelin will take charge at the end of the season. During that time he will assess the squad behind the scenes and the second we are mathematically safe from the drop (🤞)he will take over properly from Leven.

thats a very detailed guess

56 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

So does Chewbacca though👈

Where he go?

Hahaha

8 hours ago, Willo flood said:

My guess is, statement tomorrow saying that Thelin will take charge at the end of the season. During that time he will assess the squad behind the scenes and the second we are mathematically safe from the drop (🤞)he will take over properly from Leven.

Different reports on Oscar Hiljemark say he'll be announced as Elfsborg new coach today or next week and one saying he's already said his goodbyes. Surely if he's announced we could get Thelin in for a week Saturday

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Are we expecting a Dons announcement at 1pm then?

What is the bets? Thelin in and starting immediately? Starting after the semi or starting at the end of the season?

Dons announcement tomorrow. Taking over next week is my guess 

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

What is the bets? Thelin in and starting immediately? Starting after the semi or starting at the end of the season?

It'll be at 19:03 if they've any sense 🥴

14 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I also believe tomorrow is our announcement day but hear that the official date of him commencing his duties is still June 3rd.

Unless that changes with Elfsborg looking very close to a new manager. Maybe it can/will be brought forward.

Sounds like his replacement has said his goodbyes to Alborg so unsure why we'd be waiting until June for Thelin to start.  He maybe fancies a long holiday first

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Thelin will be announcing  he’s joining us. Statement will be follow from the club. 

6 minutes ago, NEM said:

Sounds like his replacement has said his goodbyes to Alborg so unsure why we'd be waiting until June for Thelin to start.  He maybe fancies a long holiday first

I have no idea, I could have been told a steaming pile of poo or it could be some contractural thing. 

We'll see.

9 hours ago, Weir on the wing said:

I’d rather shag Kris Boyd?

If it was ‘shoot, shag or marry’ with boyd, chricton and myself. 
i would shoot, Boyd and Chricton, marry and shag myself.

gladly taking any sanction from VAR for a ‘clear and obvious error’ of rules interpretation. 

Presser at 13.00 when he will clarify his managerial position

1. Staying put

2. Leaving and joining Aberdeen

Cant see any other scenario being announced, at least we will get clarity today if he is joining us or it has all been a big hoax and the FMB still dont have a clue

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, sigh said:

Presser at 13.00 when he will clarify his managerial position

1. Staying put

2. Leaving and joining Aberdeen

Cant see any other scenario being announced, at least we will get clarity today if he is joining us or it has all been a big hoax and the FMB still dont have a clue

Unless he’s pulling Wolf of Wall Street change in heart he’s announcing he’s joining us.