The Jimmy Thelin Thread...

BREAKING...

Aberdeen have agreed a deal for Elfsborg head coach Jimmy Thelin to become their new manager this summer.

The 46-year-old Swede will leave last season's Allsvenskan runners-up and will take up his new post in early June.

It means Peter Leven will remain in interim charge of Aberdeen for the rest of the season.

Thelin will bring assistants Emir Bajrami and Christer Persson to Scotland with him.

Welcome loon. You have been tasked with the unenviable task of steering our great club back to where we belong. 

We can be a bunch of moaning gits, but get the attitude right and us playing good football again could make you a legend in this part of the world. 

• Dildo 1

maybe to give us time to tidy up stuff? im sure there is more to it than just a new manager starting. all his assistants etc have to work stuff out, the club has to jettison staff to accommodate them. just spitballlin but they cant just start tomorrow....or maybe it would have cost just too much? who knows. im not worried by it 

Great news, however I wouldn't be a dons fan if I didn't have something to moan about. Why is he starting in summer, he needs to be working with the players and deciding who he wants for next year and learning about the Sottish game and how teams play. 

Welcome aboard though Jimmy, full backing. 

4 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Possibly doesn’t want to be associated with this seasons shit show.

Maybe, you’d have thought it would be best for all parties to get the move done asap so he can get in and start assessing the squad. Maybe Elfsborg digging their heels in until they get their new man in place. 

4 minutes ago, NorfolkDandy said:

I don't understand why he won't be in place until June

Maybe doesn’t want to come in and upset what Leven has been doing it just let’s the players focus on survival and not him trying to get his ideas across and it lets him look from a far and asses the side by watching the games with his assistants so when he arrives he knows who he wants to keep or get rid of 

• Upvote 2

Really happy with that. Would have been better if he was in now and we got a big cup bounce but suspect he wants to see out the season with Elfsborg, and also the club not wanting to again unsettle the utter fairies that we have in the current squad. End of season is fine … as long as we stay up. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Maybe, you’d have thought it would be best for all parties to get the move done asap so he can get in and start assessing the squad. Maybe Elfsborg digging their heels in until they get their new man in place. 

I would hope there isn’t going to be that much of an assessment carried out on the current squad.

Short exercise of who is worth keeping is all that is required.

More time is required to identify new signable replacement players if you ask me and he can do that from behind the scenes.

2 minutes ago, S2RDS said:

Really happy with that. Would have been better if he was in now and we got a big cup bounce but suspect he wants to see out the season with Elfsborg, and also the club not wanting to again unsettle the utter fairies that we have in the current squad. End of season is fine … as long as we stay up. 

I hope not, he'll be here a lot later than June if he sees out the Swedish season!

1 hour ago, ERNIE said:

Trump should be doing at least 20 years in jail for inciting  a riot where 6 people died  and Congress was put under siege.

You should be doing a 20 stretch for flapping your gums about McInness every other day

"Darek Darek Darek"

• Haha 1