The Jimmy Thelin Thread...

Surely the delay is only down to them saying they won't let him go until they get THEIR replacements in and us agreeing because we're decent sorts. Let's just say it's that and hope they get their replacements in more quickly. I mean for them their season is just getting under way (right?) so makes sense for them to want that more quickly.

Fantastic to have a Jimmy at the helm. 

hopefully we can draw a line in the sand as a club and fanbase. We’ve been absolutely shit since Cormack came in but hopefully that’s in the past.

We’ve not appointed the chairman’s mate, a bottom 6 st mirren manager or the caretaker cause he won a few game. The guy ticks a lot of boxes. 

as a fanbase on here the usual suspects need to do their absolute best not to shit their pants if we don’t win our first 10 games in a row. 

• Upvote 2

Glad it's finally confirmed, here's hoping it works out.

Don't envy the challenges he has ahead - a new country, big turnover needed for a squad lacking both quality and leadership across the pitch, also big question marks about those running the club in the boardroom.

He's got his work cut out to say the least.

Just now, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Fantastic to have a Jimmy at the helm. 

hopefully we can draw a line in the sand as a club and fanbase. We’ve been absolutely shit since Cormack came in but hopefully that’s in the past.

We’ve not appointed the chairman’s mate, a bottom 6 st mirren manager or the caretaker cause he won a few game. The guy ticks a lot of boxes. 

as a fanbase on here the usual suspects need to do their absolute best not to shit their pants if we don’t win our first 10 games in a row. 

Who gets to start the Next Next Manager thread?

22 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Possibly doesn’t want to be associated with this seasons shit show.

16 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

Maybe doesn’t want to come in and upset what Leven has been doing it just let’s the players focus on survival and not him trying to get his ideas across and it lets him look from a far and asses the side by watching the games with his assistants so when he arrives he knows who he wants to keep or get rid of 

I have a mate who lives in Gothenburg (originally from here and big Dons fan). Story in Sweden is that Elfsborg didn't want him to leave. Aberdeen persisted and wouldn't go away. Thellin didnt want to leave on a bad note because of his relationship with the club, his players and the fans. So it was agreed he would stay for sufficient time to arrange a handover (very Swedish and business like). Apparently they are close to sourcing a replacement and the six week window is seen as giving all parties (new incoming manager, Elsborg, AfC etc reasonable time to make the necessary arrangements). I've dealt with a few Swedish companies and they are very practical and don't get knocked out of their stride by a challenge or set back. They try to take a reasonable approach to everything. I imagine its also logical to assume that the prospect of relegation had some part to play in Thellin's thinking.

16 minutes ago, minijc said:

Mine fan you wanted Robson as manager bud.

The oracle has spoken. 

I don’t particularly mind that, I think I just felt the board were in a situation where the choice was made for them.

From the man who wanted Chris Wilder and was a massive backer of Warnock (me also) it’s probably best not to bring up Robson.

2 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Kick in the balls for Leven that and completely upsets the semi final preparation. Clueless at board level. This announcement should have been held back until after semi final. 

Disagree. Certainty was needed for all, most notably the players, they need to show up big time now or out they go.  Really excited by this appointment and fair play to Dave and all at the club. 

• Dildo 1
9 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

The oracle has spoken. 

I don’t particularly mind that, I think I just felt the board were in a situation where the choice was made for them.

From the man who wanted Chris Wilder and was a massive backer of Warnock (me also) it’s probably best not to bring up Robson.

Just pointing out that folk get it wrong all the time, that's all.  Here's hoping Yimmy can do the business.