The Jimmy Thelin Thread...

1 hour ago, RDS said:

No idea what they're saying but got to admire way they have Thelin and his replacement at Press Conference 

Part of me thinks this is all very admirable that everyone is leaving / arriving on good terms but another part thinks this is a bit weird.  Maybe it’s just Scandinavian culture but it can’t be usual to have both the departing and new manager at the same press conference.   
Anyway,  welcome to the club Jimmy

4 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Part of me thinks this is all very admirable that everyone is leaving / arriving on good terms but another part thinks this is a bit weird.  Maybe it’s just Scandinavian culture but it can’t be usual to have both the departing and new manager at the same press conference.   

Everyone else wearing Elfsborg colours. 

Seems a bit like, "Yer no wan o us, but." 

Thelin should be wearing a Dons scarf. 

11 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Why don't you just clear off and support whoever your local team is? 

Are we Real Madrid or Barcelona, no of course not but we're not based in Spain. We're based in Scotland and in Scottish terms we most certainly are a massive club. It's all relative. 

So kindly take your negativity and shove it right up your baldy vulva. 

We're the 3rd biggest, haven't been acting like that recently though but in terms of Scottish and even British football we are not massive, sadly.

Just now, minijc said:

We're the 3rd biggest, haven't been acting like that recently though but in terms of Scottish and even British football we are not massive, sadly.

Next season will be tough.

New manager, new squad in the main & a new method of playing to implement… probably when our budget will be 5th in the league? 
Hearts will have guaranteed £5m from Europe & Hibs will have the new investment from Bill Foley. 
Both their budgets will be higher than ours possibly, although I’m sure DC will have hopefully promised JT a fair budget to make necessary changes. 

We will have to have patience, and be prepared for a few bumps in the road I’d think. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, minijc said:

We're absolutely bloody humongous.

Thelin wouldn't have joined any other club in Scotland put it that way. 

11 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

At least neither are howkin at their nose or ears looking for some coherence. 

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

New manager, new squad in the main & a new method of playing to implement… probably when our budget will be 5th in the league? 
Hearts will have guaranteed £5m from Europe & Hibs will have the new investment from Bill Foley. 
Both their budgets will be higher than ours possibly, although I’m sure DC will have hopefully promised JT a fair budget to make necessary changes. 

We will have to have patience, and be prepared for a few bumps in the road I’d think. 

If Thelin has anything about him, next season should be easier because at least half the teams in the SPFL are absolute murder and have nowhere near our budget. 

Also, a couple of million possibly isn't much of a difference. We spent a pissload of cash and are struggling to stave off relegation. We could have signed a bunch of freebies and done better. I give you Geuye as exhibit A. 

I think the largest factor next season is going to be how good or bad Thelin is, and not so much about how much he has to spend. 

As far as I'm concerned the jury is firmly out on Thelin, though. 

If he can't get us top 6 with the investment he gets then I'll be unimpressed. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Key word is PATIENCE. We need to get behind him and stay behind him and I mean long term. It takes more than e a few minutes to turn a ship the size of ours around.

We as a fanbase have to stop this hounding managers out of the club every six months because make no mistake about it we share in the culpability along with Cormack and his cohort of suits. 

Jimmy needs our full backing even if we have to take two steps backwards before we move forward. 

New era, new energy, new positivity. Picts and Vikings if we unite together will take some stopping. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Unless….🙏

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Totally agree. Next season should be seen as a year of rebuilding.JT will need a minimum of three transfer windows to develop his own team. I hope the fans will be understanding and supportive in terms of what may well be an inconsistent next season.

13 minutes ago, Helmet said:

So is there any real explanation of why his starting date is so delayed? Did I miss it?

Would have thought that there isn't a rush (there isn't) and that he wants to leave Elfsborg in a good state which is also a good sign. A big opportunity for the club and for Thelin - look at it as a long term project.

Hey
Well, my temperature's rising, and my feet on the floor
Crazy people knocking 'cause they're wanting some more
Let me in, baby, I don't know what you got
But you better take it easy, this place is hot

And I'm so glad we made it
So glad we made it, you gotta

Jimmy some loving (Jimmy, Jimmy some lovin')
Jimmy some loving (Jimmy, Jimmy some lovin')
Jimmy some loving every day

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, G man said:

If Elfsborg have appointed their new manager no reason why JT cannot be here for Saturday’s game. His loyalty must be to AFC now.

I thought their manager was finishing getting his team promoted. 

Thelin will start before the date set I’d think. Depending if all goes well in Denmark.