The Jimmy Thelin Thread...

1 minute ago, pittodriepie83 said:

It’s not going to be anywhere near an instant fix & the two Edinburgh clubs will have sizeable budgets for the reasons you mention, but I don’t think Dave has got any any but to dip his hands into his own pockets to help Thelin get off to a good start with the overhaul. It’s a mess of Cormack’s creation so he needs to make the funds available to help Thelin begin to fix it. 

Transfer fee for Miovski will help. Not sure it’s even worth our while selling Duk in the summer, although I’m sure he’ll be desperate to go at the first opportunity. 

No point in keeping Duk when it appears he’s keen to move (he fucked off to Spain in January without the clubs permission to discuss a move did he not?) 

Or am I making that up? 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No point in keeping Duk when it appears he’s keen to move (he fucked off to Spain in January without the clubs permission to discuss a move did he not?) 

Or am I making that up? 

That’s the story aye. Not sure if he had permission or not but he did fck off to Madrid and wasn’t in the squad for the last game before the window closed either was he?

Not even sure what kind of transfer fee we’d get in the summer, compounded by the fact we’re due 50% of it to Benfica. 

4 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

That’s the story aye. Not sure if he had permission or not but he did fck off to Madrid and wasn’t in the squad for the last game before the window closed either was he?

Not even sure what kind of transfer fee we’d get in the summer, compounded by the fact we’re due 50% of it to Benfica. 

Be lucky if we get £1.5m, so £750k. 
He only has 12 months left.

If I remember right we were looking for £2m in January allegedly? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Was curious bout his style. Looked up a couple of sites.

Read or ignore.

Despite reference to 433, his teams play a pressing 4231 more than not. High energy and high pressing up the park. Forward players not expected to track back and instead to stay in high positions. Width the main attack focus. Wing play is essential.

Ball playing CHs important and play starts from the back with a passing game. Not long ball.

He has a definitive style but you'll know if you've the players to accommodate. Elfsborg squad valued 18.2m vs Aberdeen at 13.6m so their players aren't hugely out of Aberdeen's budget to target one or two of the squad.

All joking aside I want a strong competitive league outside the Glasgow pair. And Hibs.

Will you just f*ck off pls

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Love him already

I think this guys the real deal and has been the type of managerial appointment we have all wanted

I'll be buying a season ticket for next season

Try and hold something back, man

We can't pick you up after yet another burn-out doomed romance

38 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Be lucky if we get £1.5m, so £750k. 
He only has 12 months left.

If I remember right we were looking for £2m in January allegedly? 

I might be wrong but is it not just 50% of the profit we make? Did we not pay £400k for him? Extra £200k in our pocket if so

51 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Or am I making that up? 

He also refused to play against Dundee the game before.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Well well well

Cormacks only went and got one of if not the top target?

Sensational, well done Dave and the board

Jimmy ticks so many boxes, looks to be a fantastic appointment 

Cormack better hope it works out or he deserves lynched. 

6 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I’m all for giving time but there’s got to be progress. If by March next season there isn’t any clear style of play he should be treated like the rest surely? 

i have a vision of you striding into the centre circle at fenerbache and planting a flag

7 hours ago, The Boofon said:

I got a Thelin

That tonight's gonna be a good night

That tonight's gonna be a good, good night

A Thelin

A Thelin (woo-hoo)

A Thelin (woo-hoo)

You made a mistake. 

19 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I’m all for giving time but there’s got to be progress. If by March next season there isn’t any clear style of play he should be treated like the rest surely? 

Dunno

I think he should be given a full season with zero judgement

Unless of course he's at the bottom