The Jimmy Thelin Thread...

I expect that we'll see what he wants very quickly, it's just whether the players are capable of doing it and getting results.  It's going to a bumpy ride but one worth sticking with until he has a squad of players who are all capable of playing his way.

• Upvote 1
Just now, minijc said:

I expect that we'll see what he wants very quickly, it's just whether the players are capable of doing it and getting results.  It's going to a bumpy ride but one worth sticking with until he has a squad of players who are all capable of playing his way.

geggy- in

nae geggy- oot 

• Like 1

In anyone hasn't watched his interview on RedTV yet then you should: https://redtv.afc.co.uk/video/8192

I don't think I've been this excited or intrigued by an appointment since we appointed Ebbe.  Yes, we all know how that turned out, but at the time he was a bit of a coup, a coach who had actually won trophies and made progress in European competition.

Hopefully he'll settle in quick, recruit well, and get us moving forward as a club - playing entertaining football and winning games.

I have a feeling the weegia are going to hate him because he's not one of theirs, he's a non-British or Irish coach with a good reputation (only the bigot brothers are allowed those), so he won't be spending time during interviews taking part in their narrative of how the ugly twins are two of the biggest teams in Europe and we should consider ourselves lucky to play in the same league as them.

Welcome aboard Jimmy, I'm looking forward to the journey (and trophies, please)

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

It’d be nice if we didn’t want folk sacked for upsetting weekend afternoons. Maybe try taking it less seriously and find fulfilment elsewhere. 

I’ll retract that if he’s ever complimentary about the hunz 

If they just allowed everyone a beer in the ground, it would be a far more relaxed and enjoyable affair and that would translate onto the pitch. 

Simplez

• Upvote 1

I'm confused about the amount of folk saying he needs time?

Are you meaning time to win the league, finish second or win a cup? That's fine.

Time to be respectable? No, thats not given. We finished 5 pts off top six in an utterly horrendous season. It should be a given that he can improve on this season instantly.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Are you meaning time to win the league, finish second or win a cup? That's fine.

Time to be respectable? No, thats not given. We finished 5 pts off top six in an utterly horrendous season. It should be a given that he can improve on this season instantly.

No time given. Instant success or bin him.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Aye. Old folks homes and peado wings in the jail.

On forums like this it's best to do whatever you can to protect your anonymity.  Don't say anything that might give clues to your identity, such as where you work or your significant interests.

• Confused 1
12 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

To begin with all he has to do is get us playing half decent and getting consistent results. Hearts are pretty much cruising to third not being that great having already lost 9 games that’s not that great 

13 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Good to see folk keeping it rational as usual. 

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

To begin with all he has to do is get us playing half decent and getting consistent results. Hearts are pretty much cruising to third not being that great having already lost 9 games that’s not that great 

Yeah its simple.

In the beginning all he has to do is make us do goals, keep out goals, win games. I mean come on to fuck, how hard can that be! Its nae rocket scientists.

55 minutes ago, minijc said:

How much of a bumpy ride are we willing to tolerate?