The Jimmy Thelin Thread...

20 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

You quoted me, which part of that don't you understand?  It's back on page 22 for all to see.

We're done, I'm not getting involved in a back-and-forth argument with someone in denial of the facts. 

At last we agree to end this nonsense 

On 4/16/2024 at 5:21 PM, Footballs coming Rome said:

Seems to have the right credentials and reputation to succeed. Hope the lad gets a song out of some of our players and the platform to succeed. The media will be out for him from day 1 “they should have given the job to Ross or Lennon” after a couple of defeats. 

Velkommen Jimmy så bra du är här. 

Started already. The weegia are pretty predictable.

https://twitter.com/plzsoccer/status/1780559929071358377?s=46

2 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

I'm banned off X for the whole me Tweeting to the governor of Ohio that his constituents are "thicker than the farm animals they fuck" thing, so if you could just post;

"Because Neil Lennon, Malky Mackay, and Stephen Robinson are utter shite, you trio of ignorant arseholes" and sign it' Kelt', I'd be super-grateful. 

• Haha 6
5 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I'm banned off X for the whole me Tweeting to the governor of Ohio that his constituents are "thicker than the farm animals they fuck" thing, so if you could just post;

"Because Neil Lennon, Malky Mackay, and Stephen Robinson are utter shite, you trio of ignorant arseholes" and sign it' Kelt', I'd be super-grateful. 

Banned for being a try-hard and harassing an American governor? And you admit to this? 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Dildo 1
6 minutes ago, HairyOxter said:

That Peter McGurie is an absolute prick of a man. A charlatan that hates Aberdeen Football Club, in fact i think he hates Scottish Football full stop.

Well he's having a pop at us specifically for having the effrontery to appoint Johnny Foreigner by bumming up three fucking useless Scottish managers so that kind of tears holes in your theory.

He sounds like just another insular weegia protectionist.

7 minutes ago, Hoppy said:

'Why did Aberdeen not consider Malky Mackay, Stephen Robinson or Neil Lennon?'

Because they're all shite!

Desperate to keep us in the place they think we should occupy in Scottish football. A wee club whose only ambition is to 'have a good season' and maybe make one of the lesser European tournaments. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2
6 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Desperate to keep us in the place they think we should occupy in Scottish football. A wee club whose only ambition is to 'have a good season' and maybe make one of the lesser European tournaments. 

You keep peddling this delusional nonsense, you know fine well the OF have a stranglehold over the whole of Scottish football and without hundreds of millions of investment there will never be a challenge from anyone. The best we can realistically do is win a cup and qualify for one of the “lesser” European tournaments, by “lesser” I assume you are dismissing the europa league or even the conference league which are worth millions to Aberdeen.

It’s ironic really considering you had to pay for an online bride then deride the club for lack of ambition. 

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Well he's having a pop at us specifically for having the effrontery to appoint Johnny Foreigner by bumming up three fucking useless Scottish managers so that kind of tears holes in your theory.

He sounds like just another insular weegia protectionist.

What theory? That he hates Aberdeen Football Club? He has a long history, of slagging us off. I will put that down to him having a hatred for our club. Prick of a man.

Just now, HairyOxter said:

What theory? That he hates Aberdeen Football Club? He has a long history, of slagging us off. I will put that down to him having a hatred for our club. Prick of a man.

No. It's clear he hates Aberdeen. I said that in my comment. Let's face it they all do.

I'm pointing out that you said he "hates Scottish football" yet he is bigging up three dogshit Scottish football managers over Thelin.

Someone who hates Scottish football wouldn't do that would they. 

If Ross is so good why doesn’t he step down a level and revolutionise a championship club into real top league contenders?

If Lennon is so good why hasn’t ever achieved anything without a huge financial advantage like he had a Celtic?

I guess Robinson can at least claim he’s still developing St Mirren but does anyone really think he’ll have them finishing 3rd or 4th next season?

These guys are all known quantities so fuck knows why any media pundit actually thinks they’d be able to achieve anything of note at Aberdeen (or Hearts or Hibs).

But then of course that’s the point isn’t it,  not one of these pundits is interested in what’s good for Aberdeen or for Scottish Football, they make their money from being OF “fans with type writers”.

1 minute ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

No. It's clear he hates Aberdeen. I said that in my comment. Let's face it they all do.

I'm pointing out that you said he "hates Scottish football" yet he is bigging up three dogshit Scottish football managers over Thelin.

I think they would actually.

Because it plays into the continued OF dominance these guys all want. Which I think is the very definition of hating Scottish Football.

1 hour ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

Who says the club didn't consider those 3 individuals? I'd hope a whole host of candidates were considered and we chose who we deemed to be the best candidate. It's up to the individuals carrying out the recruitment process to determine who is the best candidate rather than some outsider looking in and picking the first 3 names from the obligatory "should be considered" list

5 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

3 hours ago, redstrummer said:

classic

The BBC show is the best source of anti Aberdeen fanaticism which froths and bubbles all over the place at any chance of sticking it to the club. They hate Cormack for having the temerity to think he can build a challenge. Kenny McIntyre and Tom English lead the celebrations when we have a problem. Willie gives a sobering assessment in an understated style and they don't want to upset him too much - but it only takes a few seconds for the excitement to build as they pile in.  I am convinced the rest of Scotland hates us - I've seen it so often when attending other sporting events in Scotland - they fucking hate us. Mind you - that's not a bad thing - I'm sure most of us enjoy it.

51 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

The BBC show is the best source of anti Aberdeen fanaticism which froths and bubbles all over the place at any chance of sticking it to the club. They hate Cormack for having the temerity to think he can build a challenge. Kenny McIntyre and Tom English lead the celebrations when we have a problem. Willie gives a sobering assessment in an understated style and they don't want to upset him too much - but it only takes a few seconds for the excitement to build as they pile in.  I am convinced the rest of Scotland hates us - I've seen it so often when attending other sporting events in Scotland - they fucking hate us. Mind you - that's not a bad thing - I'm sure most of us enjoy it.

Sometimes I wonder if it's the result of centuries of cultural conflict - It's a Pictland / Dal Riata thing.

'Mon the Picts.  Smash these west coast cunts.

6 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

You keep peddling this delusional nonsense, you know fine well the OF have a stranglehold over the whole of Scottish football and without hundreds of millions of investment there will never be a challenge from anyone. The best we can realistically do is win a cup and qualify for one of the “lesser” European tournaments, by “lesser” I assume you are dismissing the europa league or even the conference league which are worth millions to Aberdeen.

It’s ironic really considering you had to pay for an online bride then deride the club for lack of ambition. 

He lugged you three times - LOL

7 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

I dont hear it or see it.
Because the sportsound crew thought Warnock was a shit idea, which it was, that makes them anti-us? 
I think anyone who thinks the bbc hate us is deluded. They dont give a fuck about us. We’re not a threat in any way. Havent been for decades. 
When i meet fans of other teams around Scotland theres only ever a hope that AFC can get stronger to challenge the ugly sisters. Thats the same message from most on the bbc.

• Upvote 2

The more I read about this guy the more I'm delighted we've got him coming in. 

Still think next season is almost certainly going to be a genuine transitional one. Even with Cormack committing funds for transfers I can't see a huge influx given the amount of players we won't be able to shift easily with long contracts left. So the season after next I am hoping for bigger things. Next season I just hope to see signs of the vision he's trying to get us with going forward. 

38 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

I think anyone who thinks the bbc hate us is deluded. They dont give a fuck about us. We’re not a threat in any way. Havent been for decades. 

Totally agree….That’s it’s it in a nutshell

The Dons are actually well represented among the pundits and hosts/ commentators…….notably Willie Miller , Liam MacLeod and Richard Gordon.  And Billy Dodds still clearly has some affection for us. Just cos they’re critical of the running of the club or the team’s performances doesn’t mean they’ve got an agenda against us.