Bottom Six Fixtures

For those that can be bothered, as always the bottom six fixtures won't work out perfectly.

Us, Ross and Livi are due 3 at home with Hibs, Motherwell and St J due two at home - so far so good.

However we have only Livi and Motherwell still to play at home for a second time whilst St J still have to play us, Hibs and Ross at home. (The other four teams all work out okay)

So it looks like the simplest solution would be to switch our game with St J to Pittodrie (so a third game at home against them). That's the fair and common sense approach - it remains to be seen if the SPFL understand the concept either of fairness or common sense

54 minutes ago, Don Shula said:

That's the fair and common sense approach - it remains to be seen if the SPFL understand the concept either of fairness or common sense

I think it's pretty concrete what the answer is to that at this point. 

Bottom 6 fixtures, though... let the good times roll!

Don't give a fuck, it's utterly pathetic that we find ourselves in the bottom 6. The embarrassing celebrations from Dundee yesterday only highlighted what a shambles this season has been. 

We wouldn't be celebrating like we had just won the league if we scraped into the top 6 yet we find ourselves struggling to stay out of the play offs with tiny wee shite clubs like Ross County and St Johnstone. 

Top 6 should be a given. This board have fucked us totally. Can't wait to see the end of this season. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Redtillimdead said:

Don't give a fuck, it's utterly pathetic that we find ourselves in the bottom 6. The embarrassing celebrations from Dundee yesterday only highlighted what a shambles this season has been. 

We wouldn't be celebrating like we had just won the league if we scraped into the top 6 yet we find ourselves struggling to stay out of the play offs with tiny wee shite clubs like Ross County and St Johnstone. 

Top 6 should be a given. This board have fucked us totally. Can't wait to see the end of this season. 

Getting into the top 6 is a big deal for Dundee so it’s fairly churlish to have a go at them for celebrating.  And in complete contrast to us , there’s clearly a unity and togetherness between their team and their fans so why wouldn’t they all celebrate what for them is a significant achievement.  

At the final whistle yesterday I just fucked off without looking back to see exactly how enthusiastically they were celebrating. So I can’t comment as to how they scored on the sliding scale of appropriate and proportionate celebrations. Who is it that decides these things anyway ?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, redone said:

Getting into the top 6 is a big deal for Dundee so it’s fairly churlish to have a go at them for celebrating.  And in complete contrast to us , there’s clearly a unity and togetherness between their team and their fans so why wouldn’t they all celebrate what for them is a significant achievement.  

At the final whistle yesterday I just fucked off without looking back to see exactly how enthusiastically they were celebrating. So I can’t comment as to how they scored on the sliding scale of appropriate and proportionate celebrations. Who is it that decides these things anyway ?

Yeah happy for Dundee purely for the reasoning that they're not Dundee United and Hibs LOL. 

8 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

I woudn't rule out county winning 3 or 4 of there games. So we will probably need to win at least 2 games. Big ask with these shit bags we have in the starting 11.

Can't see them winning that amount given they have four points from their last six games (providing the result stays as is today). I make us one win from safety.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, redone said:

They may as well enjoy it while it lasts given there's a helluva good chance they will struggle next season.

Announced big losses, will need to invest in their pitch and have a team that is essentially outsourced with a fair amount of starters loan players. Add to that the fact that you'd expect to see some interest in McCowan and Cameron then you could argue Doc's facing as big a summer rebuild as anyone this summer and likely on limited resources. 

1 minute ago, milne_afc said:

Isn’t that outlawed after the ‘SHAME GAME’ in 99? 

Not sure, just repeating what I saw on-line. 
They often play in the 2nd of the 5 games apparently. 

We must be the only country in the world that wouldn’t put that fixture as the last game in order to generate a potential last day decider.

10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not sure, just repeating what I saw on-line. 
They often play in the 2nd of the 5 games apparently. 

We must be the only country in the world that wouldn’t put that fixture as the last game in order to generate a potential last day decider.

The last few years has been the April weekend I discuss...

Believe the Police don't want Rangers vs Celtic all or nothing game last day of season. Some concern about possible fan misbehaviour. Bit disappointed with Ross County result as I had decided that game yesterday would be my last this season. Looks like I will have to attend more dross in an effort to get those sad spineless losers over the line in 10th position.

I believe the Board need to come out and apologise for the complete horlicks this season has been. Suspect we would be safe if we had not gone down the Warnock road....the person who made that decision should fall on his sword.

6 hours ago, Sheeptastic said:

They may as well enjoy it while it lasts given there's a helluva good chance they will struggle next season.

Announced big losses, will need to invest in their pitch and have a team that is essentially outsourced with a fair amount of starters loan players. Add to that the fact that you'd expect to see some interest in McCowan and Cameron then you could argue Doc's facing as big a summer rebuild as anyone this summer and likely on limited resources. 

7 of the Dundee team who started for Dundee yesterday are signed with the club, and 4 loanees.

35 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Came on to ask the same question.

I'm in Belfast weekend 26th April... thinking that could be huns tims weekend as well, could be joyous watching them cry, lots.

That weekend would be perfect. As I won't be around to suffer the nonsense linked to it

1 minute ago, DD1903 said:

That weekend would be perfect. As I won't be around to suffer the nonsense linked to it

Watching them riot would be an exceptional watch.

Hopefully Linfield lose on last game of season also to Cliftonville (I'm going to that) and it'll just be fucking joyous day.

Riots galore. And I'll sit and watch it unfold.