Ford Ranger

8 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Good info thanks.  I thought the 30 mpg was likely optimistic.  Maybe get it driving on a frictionless surface, in a vacuum.

What pick-up do you have and are you usually carrying loads?

I saw the Ssangyong Musso Saracen got good reviews, im always interested in obscure / fringe manufacturers in search of a good deal!

Edit - I must say, 20 mpg is certainly sobering information which has cooled my interest, that almost makes public transport attractive!

I work a hilux, a real toy of a thing. My loads include, posts, strainers, dead livestock, alive livestock, timber, roofing materials and crates of lager. 

Nae sure on the Musso, a lot gang aboot.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

I work a hilux, a real toy of a thing. My loads include, posts, strainers, dead livestock, alive livestock, timber, roofing materials and crates of lager. 

Nae sure on the Musso, a lot gang aboot.

Change it to roofie materials and it sounds like Don’s bedroom. 

16 hours ago, Oregon Red said:

Ford Ranger is a ladies vehicle here. Be a man get a Dodge Ram 3500

Haha I can well believe that!

In 2011, the Mrs and I went to florida and - like a fool - I left the car hire to her.  She hired a Fiat 500 (!) which, while pleasant to drive and more than adequate, had us met with great curiosity & mirth at every set of lights 😁

(I would have gone for a Chevy Suburban)

1 minute ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Terribly childish though it is, as mentioned already the word Ranger just makes it a purchase no no. Just as the instant dislike for any team with the word Celtic or Rangers included in their name.

Aye, that Lone Ranger was a prick, so was his horse silver by default.