Memories of Players Doon the Toon

In the 80's it was very common place to meet up with Dons players in and around the town, probably a combination of the era plus we were always winning 😀

One night when we were in The Malacca in Great Western Road the whole squad were there, apart from Hewitt, to celebrate Drew Jarvie's leaving night. Johnny arrived late and promptly tripped going up to the bar, to which the whole place shouted "penalty" as one.

Used to remember bumping in to the blonde perm twins, Cooper and Gunn, in Villas in Crown Street on many a Saturday. They used to get so much stick for their hairstyles, but took it in good spirit. 

Different era but the banter with the players back then was class, well before social media took over.

I am sure that there are much better yarns out there.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

In the 80's it was very common place to meet up with Dons players in and around the town, probably a combination of the era plus we were always winning 😀

One night when we were in The Malacca in Great Western Road the whole squad were there, apart from Hewitt, to celebrate Drew Jarvie's leaving night. Johnny arrived late and promptly tripped going up to the bar, to which the whole place shouted "penalty" as one.

Used to remember bumping in to the blonde perm twins, Cooper and Gunn, in Villas in Crown Street on many a Saturday. They used to get so much stick for their hairstyles, but took it in good spirit. 

Different era but the banter with the players back then was class, well before social media took over.

I am sure that there are much better yarns out there.

No surprises there. He's a rude cunt.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Met essentially the whole team in the Priory after the snowball game.

Some would say you met a mass of them, mass, get it, ya bible thumping bastard yae.😜

Met McLeish, Miller & Charlie Nicholas in their club blazers after a Wednesday night game upstairs in the bar that used to be in Bon-Accord Crescent (It had a fancy upstairs bar and a spiral stair case down the the other bar) and I cant remember the name of it but I think it later became Ciao Napoli?

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

How much did he charge you and was he pre or post-op?

He was coming in, after me. Poor sod would never of touched sides after my truncheon had been in her.

42 minutes ago, dave_min said:

Just an anonymous thing between the pair of you?  

No no, we had booked the same sex worker it appears. 

4 minutes ago, Iraq_Red said:

Met McLeish, Miller & Charlie Nicholas in their club blazers after a Wednesday night game upstairs in the bar that used to be in Bon-Accord Crescent (It had a fancy upstairs bar and a spiral stair case down the the other bar) and I cant remember the name of it but I think it later became Ciao Napoli?

Clarets maybe?

Decent bar like for the divot.