Memories of Players Doon the Toon

2 hours ago, RUL said:

Was out the night Paterson was blootered before a game. his hangover wasn’t just drink related. 

Think his name was something Williams but he was a black coach we had for a while, I met him at a train station after a game at Motherwell. A nice guy but seemed strangely shocked to be recognised and probably didn’t enjoy my feedback as we were terrible at the time. Fairly sure he sacked it off not long after.

Markus heikennen just scouring the city on his own late at night. Strange character but a good player.

Oshor Williams.

A regular in the Balmedie chipper.

2 hours ago, RUL said:

Was out the night Paterson was blootered before a game. his hangover wasn’t just drink related. 

Think his name was something Williams but he was a black coach we had for a while, I met him at a train station after a game at Motherwell. A nice guy but seemed strangely shocked to be recognised and probably didn’t enjoy my feedback as we were terrible at the time. Fairly sure he sacked it off not long after.

Markus heikennen just scouring the city on his own late at night. Strange character but a good player.

Was also out that night, Ministry.....Dundee the next day iirc.

And aye also seen MH cutting about himself a few times.  Sometimes with Zdrillic who used to speak away fine. 

1 hour ago, RAZOR said:

Always strong rumours MH was a Friend of Dorothy. Dumbfounded claims.

Great player regardless.

Had the air of a homosexual serial killer about him. Which is always useful in central defence.

35 minutes ago, Ando said:

Had the air of a homosexual serial killer about him. Which is always useful in central defence.

Aye, not ideal when you’re asking them if they are alright though. 

1 hour ago, RAZOR said:

Always strong rumours MH was a Friend of Dorothy. Dumbfounded claims.

Great player regardless.

Remember the Evening Express doing an article about finding a lady for MH, almost like a lonely hearts ad in a bid to keep him at the club as he hadn't fully settled.

2 hours ago, dave_min said:

Mind doing shots of tequila with Noel Whelan in Ministry the night before a Dons game.

Deano was decent company one time in the Cotton Club.

Tattie chasing women in O'Neills in 2016 he spoke to nearly everybody and never refused a photo. Eion Jess  in Craigmyle Blackburn in mid 90s.

12 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Put out my hand to shake the hand of Leon Mike but the fucker snubbed me (in the Paramount).

Got speaking to Jamie McAllister in the Ministry of Din once upon a time. A decent lad. 

J-Mac once came into my restaurant the same day as Paul Lawrie.

Vaguely remember former Boca Juniors striker Fernando Pasquinelli coming past one evening too.

13 minutes ago, dave_min said:

J-Mac once came into my restaurant the same day as Paul Lawrie.

Vaguely remember former Boca Juniors striker Fernando Pasquinelli coming past one evening too.

😄. Pasquinelli will always be remembered for his goal in our 3-2 win at Parkhead in 2004, along with his other two goals in another 3-2 win against Peter Leven's Kilmarnock. Leven scored a brace that day as well IIRC

8 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

😄. Pasquinelli will always be remembered for his goal in our 3-2 win at Parkhead in 2004, along with his other two goals in another 3-2 win against Peter Leven's Kilmarnock. Leven scored a brace that day as well IIRC

That is uncanny. 

Literally had a dream about him maybe a week ago. 

Couldn't remember his name and kept coming up with Joe Pasquale.

It's not much of a Pasquinelli story, but its all I've got. 

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

That is uncanny. 

spacer.png

He's less squeakily voiced than Pasquale and arguably more funnier (nae that I ken Pasquinelli but it wouldn't be hard to be.)👍

On 5/7/2024 at 3:30 PM, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Put out my hand to shake the hand of Leon Mike but the fucker snubbed me (in the Paramount).

Got speaking to Jamie McAllister in the Ministry of Din once upon a time. A decent lad. 

He probably made out to shake your hand, but missed it.

• Haha 2
On 5/7/2024 at 5:12 PM, Ke1t said:

That is uncanny. 

spacer.png

What was he up to in your dream?

Having a meal? A succulent Chinese meal in Dave Min's restaurant?

3 minutes ago, sigh said:

Sitting down with MAD having noodles and bbq sauce

I worked with a guy who point blank refused to even step foot inside a 'foreign muck' establishment. 

He genuinely ate mince and tatties 4 times a week. 

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I worked with a guy who point blank refused to even step foot inside a 'foreign muck' establishment. 

Mince and tatties 4 times a week - flush, must be an oil and gas man

19 minutes ago, sigh said:

Mince and tatties 4 times a week - flush, must be an oil and gas man

Yeah and married into farming family...

'Foreign muck'.

His missus always asked to go out for dinner at some establishments, nope would be his response. Weird dude like.

16 hours ago, The Boofon said:

What was he up to in your dream?

Having a meal? A succulent Chinese meal in Dave Min's restaurant?

All I remember was his hair looked like Dave Hill's from Slade, and I was explaining to him that he had the wrong hairstyle. 

spacer.png

13 hours ago, Roberto said:

Mince, potatoes and beans in a Pyrex bowl, all mashed up

Mmmm