Corned Beef

What's everyone's opinon on Corned Beef?

I've just had a scorned beef snadwhich because I could and I was hungry.

Brown bread and tomato sauce. Yum.

It's also not bad with pickle.

My favourite meal as a child was mashed tatties, beans and corned beef. POrobably still is truth be told.

Just having a solitary slice is ace too.

Anyway, corned beef is ace isn't it.

argentina%20halal%20corned%20beef%204.jpg

Corned beef is brilliant for more reasons than I care to mention. But I will mention a couple.

It tastes fantastic and the smell of corned beef makes my wife feel physically sick...

Now I'm generally not a vindictive or petty kind of a cunt, except that I am all the time, but any time we go to a Steakhouse the bitch ruins my steak-eating experience by sitting right across from me with a mountain of fucking blue cheese atop her steak. And she knows the stench of that rancid shite makes me want to heave my intestines all over the table. But will she just fucking once forego the blue fucking cheese so that I can eat a steak without vomiting blood... no, she won't. Of course she won't.

So the knowledge that she genuinely feels physically sick any time I crack open a can of delicious, cheap, dangerously salty and additive-laden corned beef is reason enough for me to keep a stack of the stuff in the cupboard at all times.

The fact that it tastes great is merely the proof that there is a god.

Even though there isn't, obviously.

I had corned beef hash and beans for my supper last night. I'm ower in Africa right now so it was a fine to be able to eat something nice and comforting. Nae quite as good as my haggis, neeps and tatties on new years day supper time, but fine a the same. Made a big pot so some left for my supper inight.

So to answer your question. Corned beef = good. Nithing wrang with having a tin in your cupboard just in case. Has to be half decent quality stuff though, I wouldn't tackle a tin of Angolan corned beef, probably be all lips and arseholes.

I had corned beef hash and beans for my supper last night. I'm ower in Africa right now so it was a fine to be able to eat something nice and comforting. Nae quite as good as my haggis, neeps and tatties on new years day supper time, but fine a the same. Made a big pot so some left for my supper inight.

So to answer your question. Corned beef = good. Nithing wrang with having a tin in your cupboard just in case. Has to be half decent quality stuff though, I wouldn't tackle a tin of Angolan corned beef, probably be all lips and arseholes.

Sir, the food of kings, edit beans for tomato sauce and we have a winner.

A bit like something else there in Angola :checkit:

Well....it's not eating at the highest level of judgement.

By that I mean it's not eating what is best for the sophisticated mechanism that you are currently housed in.

It is affa fine tho'.....trouble is , it is often our tastebuds that trick us into eating food that may not necessarily be in our best interests.

Ok for an occasional one-off.....but eaten regularly over the course of a lifetime corned beef is likely to increase the chances of cardiac arrest. And there have been an alarming number of these over this Christmas and New Year.

You will argue , no doubt , as cigarette smokers do , that we've got to die of something. That arguement gives no solace during the agonies experienced during that cardiac arrest( and coo's revenge ).

Some brands are better than others so , as wi' a'thing else , buy the best you can afford.

• 4 months later...

I once came in drunk fae the pub and ate a large tin of corned beef slice by slice dipping it in tom sauce. superb......ma old man wasnt happy as it was for his pieces at work next day!

Cannae believe the price of it these days

Corned Beef and Branson Pickle sandwiches = Fucking excellent.

for all you Corned Beef lovers out there, try a tin of Markies own brand Corned Beef it's the bomb, the best I've ever tested. Nice ans salty and a different texture to any other Corned Beef I've tried. Lovely.

I wish I wasn't on a diet now, the thought of a Corned Beef and Branson Pickle sandwich is more appealing than sex.