How Poorly Rated Is Scottish Football?

Let's be honest though... any of the top flight English teams would win the SPFL Premiership without breaking sweat, as would 9 or 10 of the English Championship teams.

Well that's pish. You think that we wouldn't beat Hull, Villa, Leicester, QPR if we played them? What parts of their teams would you fear? Someone else taken in by the hype around the EPL. I watch plenty of it and none of those teams have shown anything like some of the football we have played this season.
  • Upvote 2

Let's be honest though... any of the top flight English teams would win the SPFL Premiership without breaking sweat, as would 9 or 10 of the English Championship teams.

What a fucking stupid thing to say!!!

Of course they fucking would, nothing like stating the obvious there you reptile!

Oh sorry, your really Intelligent for a 17 year old

• Upvote 1

I think that Scottish football is poorly rated down south as there hasn't been a Scottish player to go to England or any of the other top European leagues and do well for a while.

There's also a current drought on really successful managers too.

Our international status has also fallen heavily and finally - I don't think that the SFA and the SFL do enough to market themselves:

When Nakamura was at Celtic you could see the games over here and when he won MVP there was an outpouring of national pride for him: why not sign more foreigners from developing footballing nations?

I think that Scottish football is poorly rated down south as there hasn't been a Scottish player to go to England or any of the other top European leagues and do well for a while.

There's also a current drought on really successful managers too.

Our international status has also fallen heavily and finally - I don't think that the SFA and the SFL do enough to market themselves:

When Nakamura was at Celtic you could see the games over here and when he won MVP there was an outpouring of national pride for him: why not sign more foreigners from developing footballing nations?

Because we're our own developing nation with our own foreigners to worry about. Foreign players are the reason our and England's national teams are pish!

Scotland teams would be much more successful if we didn't have one of the richest leagues on the planet just a few miles from our doorstep.

People seem to look at the EPL and think that Scottish Football should be of a similar standard. It isn't because we've not got the cash to buy millions of pounds of talent on a whim like any of the top 10-15 teams in England.

I think this impacts the attendances up here as well, your armchair fans will look at the games on TV and compare Dundee v Killie against Chelsea v Man City and will slate the game up here without having a clue.

• Upvote 1

Because we're our own developing nation with our own foreigners to worry about. Foreign players are the reason our and England's national teams are pish!

There aren't nearly as many foreign players playing in Scotland as there was 10 years ago. Most of the teams here are focussing on producing their own players and turning a profit than bringing in some gloved johnny foreigner who costs a fortune and turns out to be shite anyways.

I see what you mean but from our point of view I think if we signed foreign players so as to gain better access to their home nation market place and tv stations it would do us the world of good.

The trouble is that the money gained from signing foreign players gets plowed into signing more foreigners rather than trying to develop or own indigenous talent.

On another point, I think that there are too many teams in Scotland sharing too little money. Just have one pro-league, 15 or so sides maximum.

I see what you mean but from our point of view I think if we signed foreign players so as to gain better access to their home nation market place and tv stations it would do us the world of good.

The trouble is that the money gained from signing foreign players gets plowed into signing more foreigners rather than trying to develop or own indigenous talent.

On another point, I think that there are too many teams in Scotland sharing too little money. Just have one pro-league, 15 or so sides maximum.

Sorry min don't agree with that last sentence at all. In what way would that help developing talent?

Sorry min don't agree with that last sentence at all. In what way would that help developing talent?

Right now a lot of teams share a small amount of money.

By reducing the number of teams which can access those funds each remaining team would be able to get more funds.

More funds allows for patience (as well as facilities) - that means the possibility of more of our young talent being developed over the longer term rather than looking abroad for a quick fix.

We dinna min.

We used to. We haven't for 30 years min

I'm not talking about World Class players, of which we've only produced a handful in all the years we've been kicking a football as a nation. You'll be comparing our scottish players to Johnny F down south playing for the Man Cities and the Chelseas, as is the problem with Scottish Football and how people look at us. We'll very seldom produce anyone as good as Aguero, Hazard, and co. Take out the elite players in England who were bought for £££££ and compare Scotland V England.

The main issue is that our top players aren't going to get the chance to play in England and make an impression unless they are exceptional, as English clubs are simply going out and buying these exceptional players from wherever.

Scottish Football is so lowly rated that if Kenny Dalglish was coming through nowadays, there isn't a chance he'd have moved to Liverpool. In fact, he'd likely would have been sold well before he reached his prime at Celtic and ended up down in the lower Premiership for a few million. Obviously that is speculation and he may well have made it at the top, but it's MUCH MUCH harder for young Scottish players to get any form of recognition.

England is the same...how shite have England been for years considering how successful their teams are and their population.

Well that's pish. You think that we wouldn't beat Hull, Villa, Leicester, QPR if we played them?

What a fucking stupid thing to say!!!

Of course they fucking would, nothing like stating the obvious there you reptile!

:clangers::sherlock:

Fifered, they'd win it with their reserve teams.

• Upvote 1

Right now a lot of teams share a small amount of money.

By reducing the number of teams which can access those funds each remaining team would be able to get more funds.

More funds allows for patience (as well as facilities) - that means the possibility of more of our young talent being developed over the longer term rather than looking abroad for a quick fix.

I don't agree, for me less teams and more money would equal more clubs buying in foreign talent, each to their own though.

Aye ok. I've seen you fish about with shite like this before, think it was to do with Boro. If you genuinely believe that you're a fud, I doubt you do though.

Where do you think Boro would finish in the SPFL Premiership and where do you think Celtic would fit in to the English leagues?

Where do you think Boro would finish in the SPFL Premiership and where do you think Celtic would fit in to the English leagues?

I think that 'Boro' would finish mid-table cause they're a shit side that have always tried to buy success but bought players that did fuck all good for you except Juninho who tried but you still got relegated.

Your side's crest used to have 1986 on it cause your lot went bankrupt. That's how 'good' you are. Aberdeen's crest says 1903. Remember that.

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc

Your side's crest used to have 1986 on it cause your lot went bankrupt. That's how 'good' you are. Aberdeen's crest says 1903. Remember that.

That's got the makings of a classic terrace chant for the modern fitba age.

The Middlesbrough team that got relegated proves that you can spend huge amounts of money filling your team with supposedly World Class players who are allegedly at the top of their game, but if you lack a team spirit, competent coach, hard work, and... most importantly... if you have Derek Whyte in your team... you're fucked.

teaser-derek-whyte-652674429.jpg