Matchpint

I recently discovered this useful website; sorry if its old hat, I am never at the cutting edge lol

Here it is for your edification:

http://www.matchpint.co.uk/

Anyone used it before? How old is it? It would be an amazing resource if all pubs used it.

It's showing one bar in Aberdeen as showing the game, there are at least 10 showing it.

It could be decent, especially if you are awy somewhere different.

Saw it for the first time when I was looking for a bar showing Shkendija first leg. Good concept but doesn't seem to have quite been executed well yet.

It probably just needs more publicity. The owners of the app aren't going to phone every pub in the country to find out what games they are showing, they are relying on either the pub or people like us to contribute to the app and add in the data.

Sounds like a very good idea though, certainly something that a lot of people would use up and down the country judging by the amount of "Anyone know if they are showing the Dons game in <wherever> comments".

• 4 weeks later...

On the topic of drinking just heard The Crown and Anchor has been sold to property developers so will close soon, will be a sad loss for Aberdeen, not only losing one of the last remaining harbour bars but losing the legend that is Val.

She's psychic, she should have seen this coming and put some aside for this happening. Incidentally, anyone familiar with the young bird that works there (or at least used too)? Ooft

Who gives a fuck about about bars closing.

Aberdeen is a graffiti stained shit hole full of shit people

I was outside Archibald Simpsons around 2pm having my, cigarette listening to some woman who was about 4ft tall and at least 60 years old telling someone on her mobile phone how she was going to batter some person who had seemingly called her names.

Fuck Aberdeen people and pubs they frequent.

Who gives a fuck about about bars closing.

Aberdeen is a graffiti stained shit hole full of shit people

I was outside Archibald Simpsons around 2pm having my, cigarette listening to some woman who was about 4ft tall and at least 60 years old telling someone on her mobile phone how she was going to batter some person who had seemingly called her names.

Fuck Aberdeen people and pubs they frequent.

It's gotten noticeably better since you left you curry howking poltis.

What!!

Crows Nest, peep peeps, The Cutters Wharf, Characters, The Harbour Bar and now Crown n Anchor.

The good old Harbour Pub crawl is now dead.

Absolute cunts of a place like Soul rammed every weekend I bet.

It's fucking really sad, the harbour pub crawl was the choice of the stag doo gentleman before cheap flights and the show off facebook generation came on the go, contrary to dave mins post I heard the Neptune too has gone, was a good Jay Allan rave venue back in the day on a Saturday night but now shut.

Once the Belmont fell the other real Aberdeen pubs seemed to fall in concert, the people who still big up the likes of The Grill are wanks, it's a waxed moustache type wankfest of a pub, has a Whisky at £120 a nip, ask Val what her most expensive drink is and it would be a 1980 Babycham at £2.80, don't like it then fuck off.

Real bars are a suburb thing these days, Woodside has a few, best going there if you want the experience, Central, Fountain, trip to the Broadsword, maybe Four mile or Cloverleaf in Bucksburn, Aberdeen is fucked.

• Upvote 1

It's fucking really sad, the harbour pub crawl was the choice of the stag doo gentleman before cheap flights and the show off facebook generation came on the go, contrary to dave mins post I heard the Neptune too has gone, was a good Jay Allan rave venue back in the day on a Saturday night but now shut.

Once the Belmont fell the other real Aberdeen pubs seemed to fall in concert, the people who still big up the likes of The Grill are wanks, it's a waxed moustache type wankfest of a pub, has a Whisky at £120 a nip, ask Val what her most expensive drink is and it would be a 1980 Babycham at £2.80, don't like it then fuck off.

Real bars are a suburb thing these days, Woodside has a few, best going there if you want the experience, Central, Fountain, trip to the Broadsword, maybe Four mile or Cloverleaf in Bucksburn, Aberdeen is fucked.

Absolute bollocks dayts min. The wanks maybe attend on a Friday and Saturday night and get suckered into the "Who can pay the most for a nip?" contest, but weekdays from 11am - 4pm, there is no better bar in Aberdeen. And the privilege of being served by Agnes, Norma or Roselyn is nothing short of joyous.