BaaBaaRedSheep

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

BaaBaaRedSheep's Achievements

Mentor

Mentor (12/14)

• Posting Machine Rare
  • One Year In
  • Very Popular Rare
  • Reacting Well
  • Dedicated

Recent Badges

1. I actually prefer meaningful Diddy Cup matches as opposed to friendlies against Turriff and Fraserburgh being warm-up games before the league starts. Furthermore, regardless of whom we draw, would be reasonably confident of topping the group. JT has PL at his side. If we continue to play along the deck as opposed to hoofball, either Robson or Warnock style, next season will be a vast improvement on the one just passed. Roll on the summer signings.
  2. Says it all MAD. If JT can make early strides as Dons gaffer, involving Peter in a significant way, the future may look brighter than it has done in quite some time 🤞. However the appointment of Warnock could quite easily have dragged us into the relegation playoff place if he remained in charge much longer. Hopefully the much maligned FMB will, eventually, learn from their very poor management decisions one day.
  3. Football isn't a difficult game. The conclusion from this season is Leven knows that and Robson and Warnock, very disappointingly, do not. Beforehand I thought that Warnock would do well. How wrong can you be? Apart from bringing in Junior Colin was a major disappointment.
  4. I suspect you may be right. Saints will probably get beat by Well which will basically mean that County will be ok following a defeat against the Dons.
  5. Reckon my first paragraph covered that min. Was just attempting to urge caution for Sunday to those expecting more of the same following the last 2 matches. Hibernian were clueless and Livingston were useless. County ain't world beaters but they have something to play for, noting that they have won 3 of their last 4 at home in gritty fashion. They will also not want a repeat of the recent home humping from Motherwell. Peter has done very well, both tactically and in a motivating way, so, although I reckon we will get a result on Sunday, It will not be 4-0 or 5-1.
  6. Let me say that I have a lot of time for PL, and how he has a) stabilised things post Robson and Warnock and b) how the team has played more on the deck, attractive football since then too. However let's not forget that in the last two matches we have played against a Monty "inspired ", poor Hibernian side and a simply useless Livingston side. A desperate Ross County side at home will be a far greater challenge come Sunday. It would be great for Peter to end his fine stint as temporary manager with a decent unbeaten run, but, as I note above, that is not a given and we will have to turn up and earn a result. It will not be as straightforward as the previous 2 matches.
  7. My mate is a born and bred Staggie and is shitting it that County might need a result against the Dons, if they don't beat the Farmers tomorrow night. Many County fans see us as their bogey team. Normally a great away day but will be even better on a mid-May weekend.
  8. Don't care whom Hibernian go for, whatever the case they'll be in our view mirror next season as Jimmy, Peter and Co work their magic.
  9. Hoilett given a 1 year contract will be one of the easiest decisions JT will have to make. How to use Shinnie going forwards will be one of the trickier ones though. As noted elsewhere GS is no longer a guaranteed started given the shape and tactics of the team appear to be better without him.
  10. Sad but 100% true. Important to maintain momentum in final 2 matches. Season has been predominantly a shitstorm. A positive end to the season, with the best formation of players on the pitch a must, to give some hope for continued improvement next season.
  11. Hopefully the case. If I have to listen to another depressing Harry Potter interview again....... Partick would be good for goal laden games.
  12. Totally agree, hopefully post a JT victory like happened to Spotty Beale.
  13. Signed up to play in a Tims Charity Match on 26th May. Nothing worse than a Timmy Hun. Aberdeen supporter my arse.
  14. It will not last. Are you with me?
  15. In the 80's it was very common place to meet up with Dons players in and around the town, probably a combination of the era plus we were always winning 😀. One night when we were in The Malacca in Great Western Road the whole squad were there, apart from Hewitt, to celebrate Drew Jarvie's leaving night. Johnny arrived late and promptly tripped going up to the bar, to which the whole place shouted "penalty" as one. Used to remember bumping in to the blonde perm twins, Cooper and Gunn, in Villas in Crown Street on many a Saturday. They used to get so much stick for their hairstyles, but took it in good spirit. Different era but the banter with the players back then was class, well before social media took over. I am sure that there are much better yarns out there.