davierobb

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

davierobb's Achievements

Collaborator

Collaborator (7/14)

• Very Popular Rare
  • Conversation Starter Rare
  • One Month Later
  • Dedicated
  • Collaborator

Recent Badges

1. So today I have read two ex referees saying the Motherwell player is a red card in today's modern football. The fact it is un intentional is irrelevant . So yet again I watch a highlights package and the " experts " or "pundits " appear not to know the laws of football. Surely these guys have to brush up on their knowledge before being paid for their opinion or producers must consider an ex referees opinion. Surprisingly experts seem to be chosen with an association with an old firm club rather than for insightful knowledge. Not just a BBC issue as a pundit recently stated on REDTV " not sure what the rules say about this " in relation to a penalty incident ( handball or not ).
  2. As an Aberdeen fan I want Thelin over to watch our next four games and assess our squad now rather than in league cup next season. If I was an Efsborg fan and we are not winning games again I would want the new manager in. It was described as loyalty to Efsborg that he would stay until June but if its to the detriment of both clubs surely the start date can be re set .
  3. Not sure the Dutch league will be big enough for Bojan. Not highly thought of outside of Holland.
  4. Think it is more effective to lobby the powers that be directly and not via the media. Aberdeen were accused in some quarters of pandering to their fans by their Livingston statement. Personally I think we are within our rights to query Robertson choice as a referee after the league cup final as well ( believe it was the same VAR official who said no foul on Duk in the final).
  5. What I meant to say is my own personal level of expectation with Roos in goal was near zero. In 2014 Lagfield I had seen have some fantastic games and I did feel we had a chance. Dont remember many games where Langfield did not make a mistake but they did not always cost us. I did not expect players at Celtic to be as affected by the pressure as the Caley players were that day.
  6. It's down to Roos. Never been close to any penalty he has faced, inspires no confidence. Also some of the players we had lost to injury and cramp would have been penalty takers . So trying to be rational my expectations were not high.
  7. Story was the Scottish Sun. You do have to wonder if he was wearing that outfit as a bet. Not sure what he looks like but its certainly NOT a subliminal hint to Parkhead , more a what not to wear look.... Thats what he looks like. He looks like he has gone into This Morning studios and the fashion guy there has said I will make you look young and trendy, here try this.......
  8. Had no expectation of winning penalty shoot out due to Roos. We were relying on a Celtic player missing one as he was not saving one. Thought Duncans penalty was just a couple of inches from being perfect. Phillips cannot play football. He runs about a lot but lacks footballing ability. In extra time we broke and he had a simple pass to Hoilett or into space for Hoilett to run onto to. Under no pressure he passed straight to a Celtic defender. He would have been my second last penalty taker ( ahead of Morris).
  9. Was being said Roos has signed a pre contract elsewhere. Obviously he is not staying but if you were fans of his new club the level of anger aimed at Roos would ring alarm bells. Mind you we were warned about his inadequacies by Derby fans......
  10. Well its all academic. Bojan was pictured in Glasgows west end post match wearing a green jacket and white trousers. This is being interpeted by glasgow media as a " celtic, come and get me ". Brain cells of a tadpole.......
  11. His interception of a dangerous Celticbreakaway and then superb pass to Hoilett in lead up to goal was class. He looked like the type of centre back Thelin would want on that one clip. However loads more clips that will have Thelin saying thanks but no thanks.
  12. How bold would it have been to replace Roos with Doohan. Remember Dutch did it in the world cup , brought on Krull just for penalty shoot outs. No idea if Doohan is any good at penalties but Roos was never saving any. If allowed then Doohan could have stripped whilst Duncan took his penalty with no or little delay. I was also hoping big Rubi would come on up front with to mins to go. Mean even Mr Venners was at it taking off Forest and bringing on an extra centre back- like that worked😁
  13. Love these weegie myopic " experts " . Burrows said when asked could we keep Mioviski that Southampton had offered 6 million in the summer. By all accounts Adams will leave Southampton at end of season. They will need a striker. They may be up to Premier league. Mr Cormack hears the cash register ringing. 3 million to a rival ? Aye right.