Restaurants Nr Kelvin Bridge Underground

DodgyKeeper

Morning guys, following on from the success (?) of the Tapas thread I thought I'd get some opinions on the Restaurants in the West End of Glasgow that I could take Mrs DK to this afternoon prior to the Don's game.

So, a decent and relatively inexpensive restaurant near Kelvin Bridge (or not too far away), any thoughts?

Cheers.

Guest TenementFunster
Morning guys, following on from the success (?) of the Tapas thread I thought I'd get some opinions on the Restaurants in the West End of Glasgow that I could take Mrs DK to this afternoon prior to the Don's game.

So, a decent and relatively inexpensive restaurant near Kelvin Bridge (or not too far away), any thoughts?

Cheers.

Hubbards.

Guest TenementFunster
For a minute I thought you were joking !

What's the 'wur no servin' thing?

They just stop serving. Only happened to me once though. The food is typical bar food but pretty good and decent prices. That and you can eat and drink and then watch the game in a one stop shop!!

Guest TenementFunster
You don't want to eat in Hubbards DK. The guacamole on the nachos is really just last night's accumulation of cryptosporideum from the kitchen.

Harsh in the extreme.

I wouldn't eat in there any later than 3pm. By that time the c**kroaches will have had a nibble on everything.

The Lansdown is a good restaurant and although I've not been there for a while I'd still recommend it.

Basically come out the station on to Gt Western Rd, cross over to where the church is, go past the church and then turn left on to Lansdown Crescent and it's downstairs on your right.

Looks worth a shout, cheers! :fishing:

The Lansdown is a good restaurant and although I've not been there for a while I'd still recommend it.

Basically come out the station on to Gt Western Rd, cross over to where the church is, go past the church and then turn left on to Lansdown Crescent and it's downstairs on your right.

That's actually a good shout. It' been done up recently (well, in the last few years) but is still a fine place. It can be a bit of a pain in the @rse trying to find, but just go to end of the Lansdown Cresent and it'll probably have some fairy lights things going down the staircase.

If you cannae be arsed looking then The Big Blue Restaurant isnae bad and is within stumbling distance of Hubbards.

I had seen that it wasn't Junkyard Dog anymore but couldn't remember what it had changed to. bit disappointed as I quite liked that place and I positively hate the Bier Halle that's in Gordon Street.

It's nicer than the Gordon Street one. It's exactly the same inside as it was JYD.

Guest glasgowdon
Gambrino's is an Italian just a wee bit further down GWR, was there a few years ago and from what I remember it was good. Bier Halle does 2-4-1 pizzas all day every day and they are amazing.

They are awesome.

Washed down with a Staropramen and wee schnapps or two.

I like apple.

Good times.

Is it? Never been, but heard they do a nice burger, so I didn't think it was anywhere that classy!

"Comtemporary Scottish" is what you'd call it - never been to the one on Gibson St, but to Stravaigin 2 on Ruthven Lane. They do do a nice burger but you need to pay more than a tenner for it.

"Comtemporary Scottish" is what you'd call it - never been to the one on Gibson St, but to Stravaigin 2 on Ruthven Lane. They do do a nice burger but you need to pay more than a tenner for it.

Some boozers charge nae far off a ten spot for a burger these days, so sounds reasonable if it's a goumet effort. Ostrich sounds interesting!

Guest Will O' Fud

Cheers.

How close is Oran Mor to Kelvin Bridge?