Playing EPL Games Abroad

Hosting the EPL Abroad  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you agree with some Premiership games being played abroad?

• Definitely, it's a great idea
    • Hmm, maybe it could work
    • Hmm, maybe, but probably not
    • Definitely not

Following on from an NFL game being held at Wembley last night, and the likes of Eggert Magnusson and Stan Kroenke saying they'd like the EPL to go abroad, what do you think about this idea? Should the Premier League stage the occasional game abroad? If no, why not? And if yes, where and how often?

Guest Willo Flood
Following on from an NFL game being held at Wembley last night, and the likes of Eggert Magnusson and Stan Kroenke saying they'd like the EPL to go abroad, what do you think about this idea? Should the Premier League stage the occasional game abroad? If no, why not? And if yes, where and how often?

Never going to happen.

Domestic football is exactly that. There'd be uproar if West ham (Magnusson) and Arsenal (Kroenke) somehow managed to persuade the EPL and FA to allow them to play a London Derby in the Rosebowl, Pasadena.

Am I right in saying that the FA has to agree where a team can play games (as in the case of Gretna, ICT and Wimbledon)?

I can't really comment on NFL, but I'd like to think that football fans, especially in England/Scotland, have a lot of power over a club. We've seen numerous managers sacked over the years due to fan power for example.

wheres the "couldnt give a flying ***k" option

Under the option to not look at the thread :rolleyes:

Guest LondonScottish
Hate the idea.

It would never happen. Football has a World-wide fanbase already, the reason that basketball and American football were played in London recently was to showcase them to a wider audience.

Football has already whored its self out to TV and the money men enough.

The UEFA Cup and Champs lge are dour, depressingly pale imitations of themselves. The atmosphere is so increasingly sanatised that I can't stand at the back of a stand, sing songs about "that tackle", or even swear on a footie forum.

Selling games around the world to the highest bidder would be gut wrenchingly awful. (Hell making Gretna play in Motherwell is bad enough).

In fact there was a truly horrific article about this in yesterdays observer, I'll try and find it.

Football has already whored its self out to TV and the money men enough.

The UEFA Cup and Champs lge are dour, depressingly pale imitations of themselves. The atmosphere is so increasingly sanatised that I can't stand at the back of a stand, sing songs about "that tackle", or even swear on a footie forum.

Selling games around the world to the highest bidder would be gut wrenchingly awful. (Hell making Gretna play in Motherwell is bad enough).

In fact there was a truly horrific article about this in yesterdays observer, I'll try and find it.

:appl:

the man speaks sense

Here it is:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story...2200816,00.html

Won't post the whole thing but here are some choice bits:

Monday morning, local time, in November 2020 and Manchester United have just landed in Mumbai, where they play Milan in a Champions League match on Wednesday night. The number of fans who travel with them, home and away, has dropped to a couple of hundred since United started playing European games in China, the United States and India, but, even so, a few of those supporters, the wealthier ones with time on their hands, have been here before.

Those who have not been to Asia before are looking forward not just to this trip, but to the March game, should United qualify, in Shanghai, probably against Bayern Munich. It makes a change from last year's jaunts to Miami and Boston. There is talk of Australia joining the circuit, but so far no one in Sydney or Melbourne has been able to come up with the