Eddie McGreadie/Billy McNeil/Alan Hansen :laughing: Gemmel

Bremner/Baxter/Dave Mackay/

Law/Dalglish/Jordan

vs

Banks

Phil Neal/Neil Franklin/Bobby Moore/Ray Wilson

Tom Finney/Bryan Robson/Duncan Edwards

Lineaker/Charlton/Shearer

Alan "Decided which games he wanted to play for his country, ran into Willie Miller, barely even mentions Scotland nowadays, ***king!" Hansen!

Guy even says in the article that Martin Buchan and Frank McKlintock would be the 2nd choice centre backs, with McLeish and Miller 3rd choice!

If Willie Miller isnt the best penalty box defender this country has ever, then I'm a Hun!

There will be anguish among some Scots at preference for articulate Alan Hansen and Billy McNeill, first choice, plus Martin Buchan and Frank McLintock, second choice, ahead of Ferguson's Aberdeen stalwarts McLeish and Willie Miller. So be it.

Looks like he sees your argument and raises you the finger :laughing:

These sorts of lists always cause some sort of controversy. Not worth getting worked up about IM(not so)HO.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...6/sfnmil126.xml

Leighton

Eddie McGreadie/Billy McNeil/Alan Hansen :checkit: Gemmel

Bremner/Baxter/Dave Mackay/

Law/Dalglish/Jordan

vs

Banks

Phil Neal/Neil Franklin/Bobby Moore/Ray Wilson

Tom Finney/Bryan Robson/Duncan Edwards

Lineaker/Charlton/Shearer

Alan "Decided which games he wanted to play for his country, ran into Willie Miller, barely even mentions Scotland nowadays, ***king!" Hansen!

Guy even says in the article that Martin Buchan and Frank McKlintock would be the 2nd choice centre backs, with McLeish and Miller 3rd choice!

If Willie Miller isnt the best penalty box defender this country has ever, then I'm a Hun!

No Matt Elliott either! Shockerooni!

If Jock Stein and Alex Ferguson preferred to select Miller over Hansen (the two rarely played together), then the opinions of the two greatest Scottish managers hold more credence than that of any journalist.

Remember hearing a story about that incident. After the match, Jock Stein wanted all the players to have a drink in the hotel. The mood was obviously rather sombre, and Willie Miller barely said a word all evening while sitting with the other players. Hansen, sat by himself, in a corner of the bar. he had a broom in his hand, and he repeatedly hit the ceiling with it while continuously chanting "HANSEN'S AN IDIOT. HANSEN'S AN IDIOT".

Yes Alan. Yes you are.

My Scotland team would be:

Leighton

McGrain

Malpas

Miller

McLeish

Bremner

Baxter

McKay

Law

Dalglish

Jordan

not that i care much about the Guffies, but i say:

Banks

Mills

Pearce

Moore

Butcher

Charlton

Gascoigne

Matthews

Greaves

Lineker

Shearer

Sadly i've never actually saw any footage of Duncan Edwards or Sir Tom Finney playing, but have seen footage of Sir Stanley Matthews. English or not, they can still be classed as all-time greats and a credit to football.

My Scotland team would be:

Leighton

McGrain

Malpas

Miller

McLeish

Bremner

Baxter

McKay

Law

Dalglish

Jordan

not that i care much about the Guffies, but i say:

Banks

Mills

Pearce

Moore

Butcher

Charlton

Gascoigne

Matthews

Greaves

Lineker

Shearer

Sadly i've never actually saw any footage of Duncan Edwards or Sir Tom Finney playing, but have seen footage of Sir Stanley Matthews. English or not, they can still be classed as all-time greats and a credit to football.

Not too far away from what i'd pick but I'd probably say that the left backs in both would be changed. Probably Kenny Sansom for England and Tommy Gemmill for Scotland.

Also don't think i'd put Joe Jordan in there, as good a player as he is. Think I'd be putting Graeme Souness in the midfield too.