Wigan sack Hutchings

Guest LondonScottish

Guest LondonScottish

Looks like Wigan are really missing Paul Jewell. Manager Chris Hutchings has parted company with struggling Wigan after just 14 games in charge. I wonder if Jewell has been primed to take over?

Guest LondonScottish
i was gonna put money on him at the start of the season to be first to go. luckily I didn't.

It was close. Didn't think Jol would have been kicked out quite so quickly.

Guest LondonScottish
According to the papers yesterday, Souness is away to take over. How many clubs does he have to ***k up at before people realise!?!?!

Besides, appointing Hutchings was a daft move in the first place if you ask me.

The Chairman believed Hutchings deserved a chance, as he had been so close to the team and played a big part in their success. Whelan comes across as a very fair chairman, but couldn't let Wigan slip further into the mire.

Think Hutchings was always a weak appointment, and I've never really been a fan of assistant managers moving up. Sammy Lee, Steve McLaren and Hutchings all been very poor appointments.

Was just away to say the same about assistants moving up, you often get that, can be the best assistant in the world but when you are the manager you are most likely the worst, but look at Jose he was assistant to Bobby Robson at Barca and look at him now...