How good are Liverpool tonight??

Guest LondonScottish

Guest LondonScottish
How bad were Besiktas tonight??

. . .

They were made to look very poor, but Liverpool's all round execution was brilliant. Fast super slick passing would have turned any defence inside out. A joy to watch.

Guest LondonScottish
i only caught the last goal.

where has this Liverpool team been hiding

One of these nights when nearly every flick, back-heel or nut-meg went right. It also looked like the opposition had as good as given up by the time the 5th goal went in.

One of these nights when nearly every flick, back-heel or nut-meg went right. It also looked like the opposition had as good as given up by the time the 5th goal went in.

Also, looked like one of those nights where every 'keeper parry went to the feet of a striker and every deflected shot went in. Apart from that, going by the highlights only they looked pretty awesome. First time for everything I guess.

Guest LondonScottish
I ain't going to comment because as much as Liverpool were brilliant last night, and thats the way we should be playing week in week out, I believe we'll go out. If Marseille and Porto held each other to a draw, I'd have been happy enough, but I don't mind if Liverpool go out of the of the CL.

Great performance, don't get me wrong. Record breaking Liverpool team last night and every single one of them should be proud of each other for what they achieved, but lets face it, Liverpool will go out.

Little bit of the old reverse psychology for yourself. :nutter: Its going to be tough, but if anyone's capable of pulling the phoenix from the flames its Liverpool. They won't win that emphatically against Marseilles and Porto, but they are certainly capable of beating both.

I ain't going to comment because as much as Liverpool were brilliant last night, and thats the way we should be playing week in week out, I believe we'll go out. If Marseille and Porto held each other to a draw, I'd have been happy enough, but I don't mind if Liverpool go out of the of the CL.

Great performance, don't get me wrong. Record breaking Liverpool team last night and every single one of them should be proud of each other for what they achieved, but lets face it, Liverpool will go out.

Liverpool IMO have 2 problems and thats Benitez's obsession with rotation and playing Dirk Kuyt.

Guest LondonScottish
Liverpool IMO have 2 problems and thats Benitez's obsession with rotation and playing Dirk Kuyt.

Can't make my mind up about Kuyt. Reminds me a bit of Diego Forlan. Runs around like a headless chicken, misses a fair few chances, but scores a few spectaculars. (sounds a bit like DM without the last bit!! :nutter: )

In their own hands as still have to play the 2 teams above them!!

We beat Marseille, then we beat Porto, that leaves us with 10 points (the total that Porto have just now).

Porto will walk over Besiktas in my view. Porto will finish on 13 points. Marseille are more than capable of beating Besiktas, they will finish on 11 points, we'll miss out by a single point.

Mark my words.

Just hope you are right.

So do I Tommy, I really want to start performing well in the Premiership, and close the gap this year or even win it.

Remind me of the amount of times Liverpool have won the European Cup? It's getting boring winning it so often :nutter:

With the squad they assembled i thought they were going to get real close

to the title this season but the chopping and changing didnt help.

The money men will be happy with top 4 just to get into CL again.

Guest LondonScottish
At 4-0 my girlfriend said " do you mind if i watch Gordon Ramsey on Ch 4 ?" , no says I, this games over, it'll just drift out ...

Although Ramsey was quite good last night.

We beat Marseille, then we beat Porto, that leaves us with 10 points (the total that Porto have just now).

Porto will walk over Besiktas in my view. Porto will finish on 13 points. Marseille are more than capable of beating Besiktas, they will finish on 11 points, we'll miss out by a single point.

Mark my words.

If Liverpool win both then they will go through as they will be level with Marseille and with it going to head to head results there is no result on the head to head which would put Marseille through (if Liverpool beat them of course) and if 1-0 Liverpool it then goes to GD and i think Liverpool have a slight edge!!

Mark my words.

How on earth do you figure that out?

If Liverpool finish with 2 wins, then Porto can only finish on 11 points and Marseille will finsh on 10.

And with a superior goal difference and the head to head against Marseille going to be in Liverpools favour, then a passage to the last 16 the scousers will have.

(Ok K9 beat me to it. :laughing:)

How on earth do you figure that out?

If Liverpool finish with 2 wins, then Porto can only finish on 11 points and Marseille will finsh on 10.

And with a superior goal difference and the head to head against Marseille going to be in Liverpools favour, then a passage to the last 16 the scousers will have.

(Ok K9 beat me to it. :laughing:)

lol - type faster!!