Arsenal

Guest El Padre

Guest El Padre

An absolute joy to watch, some of the football they play is just ridiculous, is there a more entertaining team out there at the moment*? The game against Reading tonight is brilliant, they're not even breaking a sweat.

*Excluding Hibs.

Getting rid of Henry was the best thing they could have done, they had a huge ego when they had him, he went now they play away and put the ball in the net CESC has stepped up and came to the plate and has been awesome, some of his passes alone are just awesome.

Has to be them or Man U for the title this year, liverpool and Chelsea are just a one maybe 2 man team at the moment.

Guest El Padre

I just think if you need an example of what people mean by "The beautiful game" you just need to be shown an Arsenal match at the moment. Long gone are the days of "Boring boring Arsenal" where the midfielders warm up was a simple head roll in anticipation of the ball flying overhead. :crossfingers:

Guest LondonScottish
Guessing you aint seen barca in the last ten years then? have they ever not been the most attacking team in world football?

What part of "at the moment" was a struggle to understand?? :dontknow::fishing:

Guest glasgowdon
Guessing you aint seen barca in the last ten years then? have they ever not been the most attacking team in world football?

I think Sevilla play far better football than Barca.

Sevilla are great to watch.

Guest LondonScottish
guessing you aint seen Messi this season for barca then ? His tricks and skills have not been matched by anyone. And what about Real Madrid ? Guessing you dont know they have scored more goals in their league than what arsenal have in the premier.

OK. You're probably right. One day I'm going to save up and eventually get to the Bernabeau. I bet its great over there. :fishing:

Guest TenementFunster
guessing you aint seen Messi this season for barca then ? His tricks and skills have not been matched by anyone. And what about Real Madrid ? Guessing you dont know they have scored more goals in their league than what arsenal have in the premier.

Having seen plenty of games this season (one where Messi didn't score against the team second in Scotland) Arsenal are just sublime to watch, even when compared to Real, Sevilla or Barca.

Hibs on the other hand . . . .

Having seen plenty of games this season (one where Messi didn't score against the team second in Scotland) Arsenal are just sublime to watch, even when compared to Real, Sevilla or Barca.

Hibs on the other hand . . . .

I am not saying they are bad to watch, just not as good as the mighty Barca. Barca were shocking against the huns at ibrox but apart from that they have been as entertaining as ever.

Guest TenementFunster
I am not saying they are bad to watch, just not as good as the mighty Barca. Barca were shocking against the huns at ibrox but apart from that they have been as entertaining as ever.

Maybe. Arsenal are more entertaining and play better football at the moment, which was kinda the original point mate!

Barca have a better quality of players although they must be regretting giving Arsenal Cesc, see how awesome he is?

If Barca were that good they would have stuck 4 or 5 past rangers in both games, too much cooks spoil the broth as they say, look at what they have to do to get certains players in, they have to play 3 up front and then they still have a world class striker on the bench aswell.

Barca are good but arsenal are far better, also Real i think they just score now adays they will win the champions league.

Barca have a better quality of players although they must be regretting giving Arsenal Cesc, see how awesome he is?

If Barca were that good they would have stuck 4 or 5 past rangers in both games, too much cooks spoil the broth as they say, look at what they have to do to get certains players in, they have to play 3 up front and then they still have a world class striker on the bench aswell.

Barca are good but arsenal are far better, also Real i think they just score now adays they will win the champions league.

They didn't exactly give cesc to them. Cescs dad conviently moved to London ( nothing to do with aresnal of course) which meant he could move on a free, just like Man U did with pique. Aresnal did it again with another youngster called elano but uefa stepped in this time and made arsenal cough up some cash. Its a fairly scum like thing to do but wenger is french so what can you expect? Anyway Fabregas wouldn't get a game for Barca right now unless barca played xavi, iniesta and fabragas. In the spain team fabragas does not play ahead of these two but along side them. If only two play fabregas drops to the bench. Fabregas is a great player just so happens to be Barca produce a heap of players in that role. Arteta is another one. It may sound a controversial thing to say but inesta has been the best player for spain in the qualifying campaign ( even the madrid media have said that) and xavi is world class. saying that I guess fabregas would not be out of place on the bench along side henry and thuram!

To be fair the home game against rangers was really confortable. Why pusk hard in the second half? And a draw anywhere away from home is good. I doubt Slavia Prague are better than rangers. They have to play with 3 up front as their fans expect winning in style. Nobody cares how you win here, where as in spain they do. Real Madrid sacked their coach after winning the champions league because the team did not play entertaining football. I think its a joke but that the spanish way which is why we are in for a treat when we play Atletico

They didn't exactly give cesc to them. Cescs dad conviently moved to London ( nothing to do with aresnal of course) which meant he could move on a free, just like Man U did with pique. Aresnal did it again with another youngster called elano but uefa stepped in this time and made arsenal cough up some cash. Its a fairly scum like thing to do but wenger is french so what can you expect? Anyway Fabregas wouldn't get a game for Barca right now unless barca played xavi, iniesta and fabragas. In the spain team fabragas does not play ahead of these two but along side them. If only two play fabregas drops to the bench. Fabregas is a great player just so happens to be Barca produce a heap of players in that role. Arteta is another one. It may sound a controversial thing to say but inesta has been the best player for spain in the qualifying campaign ( even the madrid media have said that) and xavi is world class. saying that I guess fabregas would not be out of place on the bench along side henry and thuram!

To be fair the home game against rangers was really confortable. Why pusk hard in the second half? And a draw anywhere away from home is good. I doubt Slavia Prague are better than rangers. They have to play with 3 up front as their fans expect winning in style. Nobody cares how you win here, where as in spain they do. Real Madrid sacked their coach after winning the champions league because the team did not play entertaining football. I think its a joke but that the spanish way which is why we are in for a treat when we play Atletico

Ah now I see, you dont like Arsenal or Wenger so cant bring yourself to admit they are the most attractive team to watch in Europe just now. Barca lack a cutting edge IMO. It's all side-ways.

Guest TenementFunster

I don't see how anyone can say that Arsenal are not the most attractive team to watch AT THE MOMENT in Europe.

Even Reading's Dave Kitson, who is a diehard Spurs man, said that they deserve a trophy this season as they are the best footballing side he has seen - takes alot for a Spurs fan to admit that.

Ah now I see, you dont like Arsenal or Wenger so cant bring yourself to admit they are the most attractive team to watch in Europe just now. Barca lack a cutting edge IMO. It's all side-ways.

I dont like or dislke arsenal anymore than I like or dislike barca. I am half scottish, half spanish therefore I have no right to really like an english or a catalan team. I think it was shocking the way wenger poached fabregas but I am also ashamed and happy to criticise an aberdeen legend ( fergie) for doing the same thing. Its not as if I am saying arsenal are not playing great stuff, they are, but I still maintain that nobody plays football like barca.