Former Rangers players

Like most of us, i have a deep seeded hatred for Rangers football club.

However, in recent years i have developed a level of respect for a handful of ex rangers players.

I understand that many of you will not even want to read this, but i think each of the players mentioned should be commended for not being corrupted by the evil that lurks at Ibrox.

Barry Nic is great and i never really think of him as a former rangers player when hes playing for us because he didnt really make it there. Even if he had, im happy he's here because he's a key player for us.

Tugay - What can i say, the boy is an absolute joy to watch. i cant remember him being that good at rangers. However old he is he just seems to get better. His passing and some of his long shots are great.

Gio Van Bronckhorst - Another true proffesional who excelled himself after leaving the scum. He has done well wherever he has played.

Claudio Reyna - I didnt even dislike him when he was at Ibrox, he always seemed to get on with things, never heard of him doing anything untoward towards the other team. A very un-rangers like characteristic, sportsmanship. No idea how he's getting on this year in the US.

Finally, and my favourite one of the lot bar Barry Nic-

Russel Latapy - A true genious, how we could have done with him at Pittodrie in recent years when excitement has been a rare occurence. the last time i saw him was at pittodrie last year, his close control is brilliant. he also has the allure of being a chain smoking boozer, it doesnt seem to matter to him when he ha that much skill. I cant see the logic in having a chain smoking boozer at pittodrie but he is very exciting to watch none the less.

This is complete drivil but im really bored

Like most of us, i have a deep seeded hatred for Rangers football club.

However, in recent years i have developed a level of respect for a handful of ex rangers players.

I understand that many of you will not even want to read this, but i think each of the players mentioned should be commended for not being corrupted by the evil that lurks at Ibrox.

Barry Nic is great and i never really think of him as a former rangers player when hes playing for us because he didnt really make it there. Even if he had, im happy he's here because he's a key player for us.

Tugay - What can i say, the boy is an absolute joy to watch. i cant remember him being that good at rangers. However old he is he just seems to get better. His passing and some of his long shots are great.

Gio Van Bronckhorst - Another true proffesional who excelled himself after leaving the scum. He has done well wherever he has played.

Claudio Reyna - I didnt even dislike him when he was at Ibrox, he always seemed to get on with things, never heard of him doing anything untoward towards the other team. A very un-rangers like characteristic, sportsmanship. No idea how he's getting on this year in the US.

Finally, and my favourite one of the lot bar Barry Nic-

Russel Latapy - A true genious, how we could have done with him at Pittodrie in recent years when excitement has been a rare occurence. the last time i saw him was at pittodrie last year, his close control is brilliant. he also has the allure of being a chain smoking boozer, it doesnt seem to matter to him when he ha that much skill. I cant see the logic in having a chain smoking boozer at pittodrie but he is very exciting to watch none the less.

This is complete drivil but im really bored

Something to do with the fact that all of the above bar one are not from Glasgow, and Barry Nic plays for us now?

Bizarre Post.

Agree on Barry Nic and Van Bronkhorst

No opinion on Reyna

Tugay is a dirty hun mink in my book. From blatent handball goal against hearts on his debut. HUN.

Latapy got respect for because he didn't try his arse at ibrox and 'was past it' so got released. Has done another, what? 6 seasons in the spl. Just keeps going.

One ex hun I actually like is Ray Wilkins. Seems a nice chap and knows the game.

Agree with you there.

I've met Jorg Albertz and Mark Hately, and was aquainted with one of Hatelys daughters, all of whom came across as decent people. My old man used to see Van Vossen at our local golf club all the time, by all accounts he was a really good lad.... everyone, including my Dad(a Celtic supporter) spoke highly of him, apparently he used to drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney!

Jocky Bjorklund, Walter Smith, Jonas Thern, Brian Laudrup & Bo Andersson also used to live nearby, and I'd see them about town quite often - however I've never had the pleasure of formally meeting any of them...

what is the point of this hun love-in thread?

Get this shut down NOW mods

Not really a Huns love in, the guys listed are good honest professionals whose only crime was pulling on a blue shirt. Mark Hately is obviously going to be disliked by Aberdeen supporters because of the damage he inflicted to us on the park.

Don't get me wrong I hate Huns as much as the next dandy, but only the real loathsome bigotted sort. I'm talking about the likes of Graham Roberts, John "Bomber" Brown, Ian Ferguson & Ian Durrant. The new breed (aka Barry Fergusons drinking team) are almost as bad, led by the likes of Kris Boyd, Alan Hutton & Charlie "Munchies" Adam.

Guest redbrigade

Could be getting controversial here but I've always thought Ray Wilkins comes across as a good pundit on Sky and talks a reasonable amount of sense regarding football.

For a baldy hun tw@t of course.

I was watching the video of the highlights of our most recent win over the huns (for the millionth time), and I noted Barry Nic's reaction to Seve's goal, he seemed delighted, even though he's a hun, so I applaud him for that. :itch-chin:

Jim Bett is another ex-Hun who's not bad, as is Colin Hendry, although he only played about two games for them.

I knew Terry Butcher and Chris Woods as their kids went to the same school as me. Both absolutely top lads, esp. Terry, who used to organise kickabouts for local kids on his huge lawn! He used to take the mickey out of me for being a Dandy but it was always in good humour. And he had a real respect for our team late 80s/early 90s. He frequently described Pittodrie as his least favourite venue in Scotland and even aged about 12 I could recognise the compliment inherent in that.

Guest LondonScottish
I knew Terry Butcher and Chris Woods as their kids went to the same school as me. Both absolutely top lads, esp. Terry, who used to organise kickabouts for local kids on his huge lawn! He used to take the mickey out of me for being a Dandy but it was always in good humour. And he had a real respect for our team late 80s/early 90s. He frequently described Pittodrie as his least favourite venue in Scotland and even aged about 12 I could recognise the compliment inherent in that.

Terry Butcher is a sound lad. Had the odd night out with him through mutual friends and he's brand new. Played the game hard with passion, but I was surprised at what a genuine character he is off the pitch; expected him to be a right horrible arrogant ***t. :hysterical:

McCoist is an exception. He's got the club in his blood but he's a likeable character. I remember sitting in the Merkland stand with my dad at a Rangers game and he was signing autographs for some of the kids at the front! Can't really imagine any Rangers players having a bit of banter with an Aberdeen crowd nor it being welcomed at all..