the times

This story however had my blood boiling. Makes it worse that its graham spiers...what a complete tool.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle2897035.ece

I don't think he said anything particularly controversial there to be honest. He's right that in the end we simply weren't good enough to qualify. It's no disgrace given the opposition, but it's still a failure. 24 points was only enough to qualify in 2 of the groups; it would only have been the 1 if England hadn't so spectacularly ballsed things up.

Of course, the English always respect the referee's decisions, such as Sol Campbell's disallowed goal in France 98 against Argentina, someone else's disallowed goal in Euro 2004 and Rooney's dismissal in World Cup 06. I don't recall any fuss from the English in the wake of those decisions, so perhaps us sweatys need to take a leaf out of their book and take defeat like men. :laughing:

Of course, the English always respect the referee's decisions, such as Sol Campbell's disallowed goal in France 98 against Argentina, someone else's disallowed goal in Euro 2004 and Rooney's dismissal in World Cup 06. I don't recall any fuss from the English in the wake of those decisions, so perhaps us sweatys need to take a leaf out of their book and take defeat like men. :laughing:

So really, what you're saying is that you're just both as bad as each other?

Actually I was pleased with the outcry about the ref from the scottish players. Is there anything wrong with being a bad loser? Just showed how much it meant to them. The Italians would've been exactly the same, the french have proved that they're bad losers. Because in the end lets face it, they've got that winning mentality and now scotland have started to get a wee bit of it too.