Eck to Birmingham

Guest redbrigade

Guest LondonScottish
4 times the salary the SFA are paying him.

If true, you can see him taking it.

No way. The SFA need to get their finger out and get McLeish sorted on a decent package. It would be a disaster if he left. Birmingham can go ***k themselves.

Guest TenementFunster
No way. The SFA need to get their finger out and get McLeish sorted on a decent package. It would be a disaster if he left. Birmingham can go ***k themselves.

I would think substantially less of McLeish if he thought that Birmingham City represented a better option than Scotland.

I don't think there's much doubt that Birmingham will pay more money but that would confirm everything about the effect managing the filth has on someone should he accept it.

Guest LondonScottish
The way the bookies are going Eric Black has the job although a little money on for Eck but still 8's at the moment.

McLeish will not take it. No worries. If Black doesn't stay with Bruce then I really hope he makes a good go of it.

Guest TenementFunster
The way the bookies are going Eric Black has the job although a little money on for Eck but still 8's at the moment.

Bloke from Birmingham was bigging Black up on telly earlier.

I would think substantially less of McLeish if he thought that Birmingham City represented a better option than Scotland.

I don't think there's much doubt that Birmingham will pay more money but that would confirm everything about the effect managing the filth has on someone should he accept it.

said the exact same thing after reading the article

I think international management suits McLeish - imo he is a good tactical coach and can get the best from limited players - ideal for Scotland.

Where he falls down is his atrocious use of the transfer market - i.e rangers.

Think he should just be happy to be on the crest of a new wave with Scotland and enjoy the popularity as in England he will be brutally exposed.

What the ***k is up with Birmingham?!? Did they not just enquire about Scolari(or was it another big name?)and now they're reportadely going for McLeish. Clearly a club trying to make themselves look bigger than they actually are. And ofcourse they can do this cause of the money being pissed about in the epl. Why don't they just ***k off and go for Mclaren instead!!!

What the ***k is up with Birmingham?!? Did they not just enquire about Scolari(or was it another big name?)and now they're reportadely going for McLeish. Clearly a club trying to make themselves look bigger than they actually are. And ofcourse they can do this cause of the money being pissed about in the epl. Why don't they just ***k off and go for Mclaren instead!!!

treu. but remember they do play in the "worlds greatest league" :thumbs:

Guest LondonScottish
I think international management suits McLeish - imo he is a good tactical coach and can get the best from limited players - ideal for Scotland.

Where he falls down is his atrocious use of the transfer market - i.e rangers.

Are you sure. He was given relatively no money, and used free transfers/Bosmans etc. What big money did he waste in particular the year they won the treble?? :thumbs:

im gutted but if somebody offered me four times ma wage id be off!!

this is what i posted on another board-

thanks for the memories eck but you have gone down in my estimation as a person.

i can understand to a certain extent why you went (money) but you had the chance to lead your country to the world cup and become a legend.

this kind of nonsense is why i hate the premiership and their ****ing money. this is a sad day when Birmingham those "GIANTS" of world football are a bigger prospect than the national team.

This is awful news. Especially if Souness gets the Scotland gig.

Big red is still only 48, he should have stayed on to lead us to the World Cup in 2010, then he can think about managing in the Championship.

spot on.

Souness is a fud and nothing more but the SFA will want him after he publicly stated he wanted the Republic of ireland job.

this is what i posted on another board-

thanks for the memories eck but you have gone down in my estimation as a person.

i can understand to a certain extent why you went (money) but you had the chance to lead your country to the world cup and become a legend.

this kind of nonsense is why i hate the premiership and their ****ing money. this is a sad day when Birmingham those "GIANTS" of world football are a bigger prospect than the national team.

I agree with the fact that money would be a factor but Club management is far different to National Management. He is leaving Scotland on a high and day to day management at a club is what managers thrive on.

I agree with the fact that money would be a factor but Club management is far different to National Management. He is leaving Scotland on a high and day to day management at a club is what managers thrive on.

again i agree to a certain extent but its frigging Birmingham. they will probably be championship next season and are not exactly world beaters. i dont even no if they have ever won a trophy