Everton 7-1 Sunderland

Doesn't sound like it. Seems the defence was a shambles though.

That was the impression I got from the BBC website updates.

Leon Osman dances through Sunderland's woeful defence
Sunderland's defence again go walkabout as substitute Andy Johnson races through
Sunderland's defence stands still as Joseph Yobo's long kick comes over and Tim Cahill steals in for his second of the day.
Paul McShane misjudges a long clearance and Yakubu goes through to score, his shot deflecting off Danny Higginbotham and looping over Craig Gordon.

Isn't Anderson injured ?

Yea he had an operation a couple of months ago on an ankle problem I think, probably still weeks away from being anywhere near ready for the 1st team.

Guest LondonScottish

Sunderland were just totally shredded in a defensive shambles, against a free-flowing Everton who looked very very good on Match of the Day. Gordon had little hope with any of the goals.

Gordon did as well as could realistically be expected, even pulling off some good saves. Felt quite sorry for him because the defence was just a complete shambles. It doesn't look good for them to be honest. I was hoping they'd stay up because of Gordon, Anderson and Keane. Hopefully Keane's given some money over Christmas to bring some quality in.

Guest LondonScottish
Aparently Gordon had a stormer but still let in 7!!

Everton had 19 shots ON target.

It could have been a lot more, you're right. Gordon's getting a Hell of a lot of experience down there, albeit losing. It can only improve his game with that much target practice from opposing teams.

It could have been a lot more, you're right. Gordon's getting a Hell of a lot of experience down there, albeit losing. It can only improve his game with that much target practice from opposing teams.

Yes and no,

It could affect his confidence and in turn affect his performance.

Watched it last night on sky and must say i nearly missed 4 goals because i was away to watch something else until i checked on SSN and seen the score. Got to agree with Gordon some of his saves were superb even managing to save a deflected shot when he went the wrong way was good to watch.

Not just saying this because he used to play up here but if Anderson was playing and was in Mcshanes shoes for the ***k ups he made i think Anderson would have cut them out, especially the one where mcShane misjudged the ball, something i loved about anderson was how he times everything to perfection.

Guest LondonScottish
Yes and no,

It could affect his confidence and in turn affect his performance.

I did think that, but I can't really think of any goals against Sunderland that have 100% been Gordon's fault. If he was consisently flapping and making errors I could see him getting knocked confidence-wise with players, fans and in particular the manager getting on his back. When you've got a whole stadium of Sunderland fans watching their team getting smashed week in week out, but still chanting "Gordon for England", I think his confidence levels will be just fine.

Not just saying this because he used to play up here but if Anderson was playing and was in Mcshanes shoes for the ***k ups he made i think Anderson would have cut them out, especially the one where mcShane misjudged the ball, something i loved about anderson was how he times everything to perfection.

I hope you're right, minijc. There's a big difference in class between the SPL and EPL, but hopefully when Russell's returned to full fitness he'll be able to do a job for them.

Gordon did as well as could realistically be expected, even pulling off some good saves. Felt quite sorry for him because the defence was just a complete shambles. It doesn't look good for them to be honest. I was hoping they'd stay up because of Gordon, Anderson and Keane. Hopefully Keane's given some money over Christmas to bring some quality in.

Spent 34 million in the summer with over 28 million's worth on pitch yesterday, starting.

Maybe Keane is just not as good a manager as many think he will make just because he was great player under Fergie.

Guest LondonScottish
Spent 34 million in the summer with over 28 million's worth on pitch yesterday, starting.

Maybe Keane is just not as good a manager as many think he will make just because he was great player under Fergie.

Give Keane a break, they were in freefall in the Championship when he took over; he got the team going and took them up spending very little, but utilised the squad he had. Every club in England has spent millions; you cannot buy instant success.

Just for the record here are his summer transfers in:

In: Greg Halford (Reading,

Give Keane a break, they were in freefall in the Championship when he took over; he got the team going and took them up spending very little, but utilised the squad he had. Every club in England has spent millions; you cannot buy instant success.

Just for the record here are his summer transfers in:

In: Greg Halford (Reading,

Guest LondonScottish
Compare it to Birmingham, who finished runners up to Sunderland last season. Taken in just players for just 9.6 million, whilst selling players for 2.6 million.

Sunderland 35 millionish with nothing coming in.

Sunderland behind Birmingham in the league.

Thats not how football works I'm afraid; if thats the case why are Tottenham only 2 points ahead of Sunderland. Spurs had an established big-money squad, but spent in excess of

Guest LondonScottish
Yeah, I was fairly shocked to hear that on the radio just now. I wouldn't have blamed him for any of the goals last week - the rest of the team were quite sh*t.

Seems a strange one. I didn't think Gordon had much chance with any of the goals.