Billy Davies

Breaking news. Not that surprising really, they had to change something.

I'm rerally surprised, they'd only juust gone on record to say that he would be there next season however this campaign went. He took them up at the first time of asking, and got no money to help keep them up.

Guest LondonScottish
Breaking news. Not that surprising really, they had to change something.

Now that kind of sacking I just do not understand. He took over a struggling Derby team and lead to the playoffs and somehow got them into the Premier League. They weren't good enough to make the transition, but played a blinder in the play-offs so deservedly took their place in the EPL. What exactly did the Derby board expect? Fair enough they're almost cetainly going to get relegated, but they've spent little money while other teams not too much further ahead have splashed the cash. A manager does a great job in the Championionship, gets all the credits but is almost handed his own noose at the same time.

Shocking decision for me. What manager is going to do any better with Derby at the moment with no money to spend?

Davies worked a miracle to get them into Premiership and everyone expected them to be exactly where they are now - bottom.

They were always going to lose much more games than they won, but I think it's probably the manner of the defeats that cost him his job. Saturday was obviously a 5-0 thrashing too far.

Agree he'll find another club without too much trouble.

I feel sorry for him as this could hit him badly, look at what he has done, there was a 3 or 5 year plan to get them up when he took over and done it at the first chance he got, the board hardly gave him the right stuff to help keep him up and just shows that no matter how good you are you are just a number at the end of the day.

Guest LondonScottish
They lost 2-0 to Chelsea not 5-0?

And Miller's well taken goal that was onside, but got flagged off would have got it back to 1-1, would it not?? When your lucks not in.......................

I'm trying to see the logic here, some of you guys want Jimmy to be sacked by Aberdeen, but find it "shocking" that bottom of the Premiership Derby could sack their manager. If Davies has performed miracles at Derby, surely JC should be held in the same regard for what he's done with Aberdeen. :angry2:

Results are one thing - no one expected anything less of Derby, but Davies seemingly losing mentallity and constant sniping at the board ( remind you of anyone ?) seems to have pushed the board too far

Davies, to me seems like a manager who's not as good as he thinks he is.

and before anyone starts ... Jimmy : feel free to tout yourself for he Derby job, you wont get it, but we know yer heart's no longer in it and that comes from a member of the JiG mob

Shocking decision for me. What manager is going to do any better with Derby at the moment with no money to spend?

Davies worked a miracle to get them into Premiership and everyone expected them to be exactly where they are now - bottom.

My sentiments exactly. Derby were always going to get relegated again and sacking Davies isn't going to help things. He worked wonders to get them promoted in the first place. That said, I could see the sack coming a mile off for him. That's Premiership chaimen for you!

Billy has done a fantastic job to get the club into the Premier League and, if the worst came to the worst and we went down, we couldn't have a better manager to bring us back up. We are absolutely 100 per cent committed to him.

The board and I will continue to offer Billy our full support in our quest to remain in the Premier League and we will be exploring all possible options

- Adam Pearson in The Daily Telegraph, October 29.

LOL, you gotta love Chairmen.