Is Dean Windass God?

the man is impressive. just keeps going and going. put him in any side and he scores goals because he knows how to play to his strengths.

Were always told that the faster a striker is, the further distance they can put between themselves and a defender to recieve the ball with back to goal. Windass however is a classic example of a player with no pace but still lets every defender know they are in for a battle.

Stands just off the defenders shoulder and at the last moment steps infront and uses his massive arse to shield the ball. Hes a smart smart man.

Hes going for his A license just now and will either be an amazing attack coach, or will know the theory but cant teach it.

Stands just off the defenders shoulder and at the last moment steps infront and uses his massive arse to shield the ball. Hes a smart smart man.

Hes going for his A license just now and will either be an amazing attack coach, or will know the theory but cant teach it.

Wouldna mind him up here coaching out strikers would maybe make us that little bit better up there. I just hope he can become a good coach and goes further in the game.

I got his Autobiography for christmas

I've not read it yet, so cannot comment any further

I got it for my birthday a few weeks ago and finished it yesterday. It's a good read but the Aberdeen section is really short. The book confirms that he is the fun-lovin', beer-swillin', piss-takin' legend we all thought he was!!

Still my favourite ever Don and will take some beating.

• 4 months later...

Sadly u cant take legal action against idiot ex-managers who make idiotic decisions about players.

Deano would have walked over broken glass and hot coals to play for Aberdeen he loved the fans and the City. Back on topic he is fantastic, pure and simpley fantastic. Would have made a brilllllllliant AFC captain and shown the born losers in out team what committment and desire is all about. True professional!

(rant over)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/7402557.stm

Hull City striker Dean Windass struggled to contain his emotion when he talked about a first-ever Wembley appearance for his hometown club.

The 39-year-old was part of the Tigers side that beat Watford in the Championship playoffs to reach the final at the famous stadium on May 24.

He told BBC Radio Humberside: "Since I was a little boy, this was my football club, it's what dreams are made of.

"I'm overwhelmed because we've got a great spirit in the camp."

Windass started his career as an apprentice with Hull City but was released by the club's current assistant manager Brian Horton.

He returned a couple of years later under the management of Terry Dolan and went on to establish himself as a local hero amongst the club's fans.

Windass later moved north of the border to join Scottish Premier League side Aberdeen before having successful spells with Bradford City, Oxford United, Middlesborough and both Sheffield clubs.

However, 12 years after leaving The Tigers he made his much-heralded return in January 2007 when manager Phil Brown signed him on loan from Bradford before making the move a permanent one in the summer.

Now, he stands on the verge of returning to the Premier League, only this time with the club he supported growing up.

And Windass says he'd like nothing better than to do so with a victory over Bristol City at Wembley Stadium.

"Let's just hope the script's written for me and 'Barms' (Nick Barmby), the only Hull lads in the team."

"There's one more game - but I'm going to get carried away with this one!"

LEGEND

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SS RED

The FA have frigged up again by selling tickets to corperates who clearlu havn't turned up and thousands of hull and bristol fans could have been there instead.