The "a" Celebration

Guest glasgowdon

GD, your a legend. I mean that in an honest and truthful way. When i get back to wales im starting a new job with the sports council to get kids off the street at nights and instead use football to stop them being little sh*ts breaking windows, vandalising cars, burgling homes etc etc.

This A-Star initiative though stupid, is something else i can now try to use as part of the proposal and try to tie into the project. I have to set up the whole project and have around 250k to spend to get it working across all of wales. This A star thing could hopefully be tied into it in some way. If it works, im coming to buy you about 20 drinks!

Who here wouldnt like this scheme - if your out with your mates between 10pm-4am and bored to piss, instead of smashing sh*t up, come for a kick about down the midnight league - free entry, play 5/7-a-side in cages similar to those in the nike adverts at the 2002 world cup on the ship.

Winners of the league and cup tournaments go onto play in a british cup and european cup in the summer

GD, your a legend. I mean that in an honest and truthful way. When i get back to wales im starting a new job with the sports council to get kids off the street at nights and instead use football to stop them being little sh*ts breaking windows, vandalising cars, burgling homes etc etc.

This A-Star initiative though stupid, is something else i can now try to use as part of the proposal and try to tie into the project. I have to set up the whole project and have around 250k to spend to get it working across all of wales. This A star thing could hopefully be tied into it in some way. If it works, im coming to buy you about 20 drinks!

Who here wouldnt like this scheme - if your out with your mates between 10pm-4am and bored to piss, instead of smashing sh*t up, come for a kick about down the midnight league - free entry, play 5/7-a-side in cages similar to those in the nike adverts at the 2002 world cup on the ship.

Winners of the league and cup tournaments go onto play in a british cup and european cup in the summer

I was also wondering what this sign meant so it now makes perfect sense, Robbo i hope your idea works well and you can find some decent players whilst doing this, it's just a pitty other schemes like this arn't put in to place all over the country.

scheme is already in place in a few places. Theres one in Dunfermline which their club has latched onto and made a success.

I have to drag my ass to stoke and newcaslte in a few weeks to meet with the folk who set ones up there (to steal their ideas and use them as my own).

My scheme however is a pilot run to see if it can be set up across the whole of wales which, when they told me led to some brown trousers. However, once its been set up there then itll have a basic template so that any council can use the same scheme in their area.

Reckon we need things more like that anyway tbh. At least our tax money would be going towards something a bit more worthwhile. Only fear is that folk get bored of turning up a few times a week to play so just stop coming.

Guest glasgowdon

You are welcome.

Consider it a favour returned.

:drink:

it's just a pitty other schemes like this arn't put in to place all over the country

First Group in Aberdeen run a scheme similar to this it's called the midnight league,it's for children ages i think 12-16, the teams get free transport to the venue which is Strikers at the B.O.D.

Still doesn't stop the rest of the little blighters causing havoc though.

it's just a pitty other schemes like this arn't put in to place all over the country

First Group in Aberdeen run a scheme similar to this it's called the midnight league,it's for children ages i think 12-16, the teams get free transport to the venue which is Strikers at the B.O.D.

Still doesn't stop the rest of the little blighters causing havoc though.

Yeah i knwo they do one but theres is done with little planning or effort, guys from my school won it and were on the pitch at an Aberdeen game last season or earlier this i think.

Just a pity most of them still go fighting in town every other day of the week.