Fao Steems

There's currently a lot of hype surrounding Rangers current crop of youth team players, with a few of them now pushing for a first team berth. Apparently Steven Lennon, John Fleck & Dean Furman will be involved in the Scottish Cup tie at the weekend. How good are these lads and are they likely to make the step up?

As I understand central midfielder Dean Furman looks the best of the current crop, but he was born in South Africa.... Do you have any idea where his allegiences lie? Is is possible he could still elect to play for Scotland in the future?

Furman was released by Chelsea abd had trials at Celtic, Rangers and Hamilton Accies.

Rangers signed him and his contract as been extended - he is doing really well . A couple of years back he had trials with the Scotland youth set up but was not included and he chose to represent South Africa, although he has improved over the last 2 years.

Lennon is an excellant striker - confident and not scared of trying things - look at Youtube for some of his goals - Hibs resevres, Celtic Youth Cup final. Lennon played in the same Scotland team as bagshaw - the last team to win/share the Victory Shield. Good chance he will go out on loan during this window.

Fleck is the pick of the bunch - one of the best prospects I have seen at youth level - 16 and have seen a couple of reserve games on Sewtanta where he looks brillant.

Just returning from injury, Shinnie - an Aberdeen loon - is also one to look out for.

Fit I find funny is is Emslie captains the reserves and Shinnie captains the U19s - this appears to contradict iJimmy's opinions on quiet/soft Aberdeen loons and gallus/noisy Glasgow wide boys.

Maybe it is because they are working with good managers and coaches that know how to bring the talent out of them and get them playing.

Steams, are there any good prospects coming from anyother sides such as ICT, dundee united and that?

Maybe it is because they are working with good managers and coaches that know how to bring the talent out of them and get them playing.

Steams, are there any good prospects coming from anyother sides such as ICT, dundee united and that?

Theres a couple of Aberdeen (well Aberdeen eare) loons that are doing really well at ICT - Vigurs a classy left footed player (on bench and came on for a brief debut at Tannadice) and Garry Wood - currently on loan at Montrose. Wood did well in a friendly against Aberdeen and is scoring a few goals in Div 3 - Montrose are 2nd top. He is a big loon and puts himself about.

Dundee United have a couple of good U19s - Goodwillie is same age as Maguire but probably ahead of him as a scorer and a player - was on loan at Raith Rovers. McCord (Pongo) is a straight forward midfielder - wins the ball and uses it well - he does the simple thing and looks good doing it.

Hibs have a defender McCormack U19 and already played first team - looks very promising.

I have not been able to see as much of the U19s this season but ryan strachan a centre half/swweper looks really good, as does the younger player McRobbie.

Its sometimes easy to forget Maguire is till an U19 and although he seems to have lost way a wee bit he was one of the best at u19 over the last couple of seasons. Paton and McVitie get some good reports but I think they are a 'lacking' in some areas and doubt if they can make the step up to first team level next season.

Theres a couple of Aberdeen (well Aberdeen eare) loons that are doing really well at ICT - Vigurs a classy left footed player (on bench and came on for a brief debut at Tannadice)

Do you know his name? i know 2 guys that are up there one is keeper, not sure how he is doing the other is a left footed player who used to be really good when we were younger.

I have not been able to see as much of the U19s this season but ryan strachan a centre half/swweper looks really good, as does the younger player McRobbie.

Its sometimes easy to forget Maguire is till an U19 and although he seems to have lost way a wee bit he was one of the best at u19 over the last couple of seasons. Paton and McVitie get some good reports but I think they are a 'lacking' in some areas and doubt if they can make the step up to first team level next season.

Last time I saw any of the young guys play was at Locos where I saw Ross, Smith and I think Skinner and Crawford played noticed some of these have been on the bench this season so must be doing ok

Furman was released by Chelsea abd had trials at Celtic, Rangers and Hamilton Accies.

Rangers signed him and his contract as been extended - he is doing really well . A couple of years back he had trials with the Scotland youth set up but was not included and he chose to represent South Africa, although he has improved over the last 2 years.

Lennon is an excellant striker - confident and not scared of trying things - look at Youtube for some of his goals - Hibs resevres, Celtic Youth Cup final. Lennon played in the same Scotland team as bagshaw - the last team to win/share the Victory Shield. Good chance he will go out on loan during this window.

Fleck is the pick of the bunch - one of the best prospects I have seen at youth level - 16 and have seen a couple of reserve games on Sewtanta where he looks brillant.

Just returning from injury, Shinnie - an Aberdeen loon - is also one to look out for.

Mucho Grassy Ass. :laughing:

Haven't watched much U19's this season but McRobbie is the black striker is that right??? looks like a talent although still very small, but impressed me in a few games and is 16 - correct me if i'm wrong. Never rated Paton or McVitie and i think they are in there last year of U19's so can see them getting released. Biscuit problem is he seem to play quite a few postions.