Robson To Newcastle

If this is true, he clearly has no grasp of the current game in his 3 years out of management. Robson, good player he is, would never cut it in the Premiership in my opinion.

I think he could. Not saying he would set the league on fire or anything, but I reckon he could do a decent job in the premiership.

do people really think the premiership is that good.

i hate the fact in scotland we always put our own down and praise everything else.

how do we know if Robson would make it in the prem or not if he doesnt try it.

frigg me Garry O'Connor scored at the emirates last week and he aint nothing special.

think its about time we praised the scottish game more rather than put it down.

remember scotland beat arguably the best team in the world twice and gave the world champions a good game and came within a of death.

its the same at club level. the dons go through to the latter stages of Europe and all of a sudden we were lucky to go through.

Guest LondonScottish
do people really think the premiership is that good.

i hate the fact in scotland we always put our own down and praise everything else.

how do we know if Robson would make it in the prem or not if he doesnt try it.

frigg me Garry O'Connor scored at the emirates last week and he aint nothing special.

think its about time we praised the scottish game more rather than put it down.

remember scotland beat arguably the best team in the world twice and gave the world champions a good game and came within a of death.

its the same at club level. the dons go through to the latter stages of Europe and all of a sudden we were lucky to go through.

I think the EPL is far superior to the SPL, with even the likes of Derby (ok, well maybe not Derby lol) knocking us around. The players are generally bigger, fitter, more athletic, and more skillful (on average). Now have a think about it, I know we beat Copenhagen, but in general imagine it was a normal Saturday in a British league, and the fixtures were as follows:

Aston Villa v Aberdeen

Motherwell v Middlesbrough

Falkirk v Tottenham

Liverpool v Kilmarnock

Blackburn v Hibs

Dundee Utd v Everton

How would you see those results going?

I know Scotland beat France twice, and we have have improved leaps and bounds, but we only had 2 real attempts at goal in 190 minutes against France, and survived through brilliant teamwork and dogged defending,

I think the EPL is far superior to the SPL, with even the likes of Derby (ok, well maybe not Derby lol) knocking us around. The players are generally bigger, fitter, more athletic, and more skillful (on average). Now have a think about it, I know we beat Copenhagen, but in general imagine it was a normal Saturday in a British league, and the fixtures were as follows:

Aston Villa v Aberdeen

Motherwell v Middlesbrough

Falkirk v Tottenham

Liverpool v Kilmarnock

Blackburn v Hibs

Dundee Utd v Everton

How would you see those results going?

I know Scotland beat France twice, and we have have improved leaps and bounds, but we only had 2 real attempts at goal in 190 minutes against France, and survived through brilliant teamwork and dogged defending,

if we the spl teams were in the english league circumstances would nt be the same as now.

even the bottom team in England gets about 20 million a year.

we cant compare the sides and anyway i didnt say our league was as good.

He's not good enoguh to be a winger in the Prem.

Utter nonsense ... this is the league where Robbie Savage, and Christian Dailly have plied there trade for many years.

I just don't buy into this miles better than everyone else rubbish, when clearly outwith the top 4 or 5 teams, the rest are at most average with pots of money to throw at equally average players. I mean come on, spurs wanted to pay 8 million plus for some diddy defender from an SPL club, how good can a league like that really be?

Utter nonsense ... this is the league where Robbie Savage, and Christian Dailly have plied there trade for many years.

I just don't buy into this miles better than everyone else rubbish, when clearly outwith the top 4 or 5 teams, the rest are at most average with pots of money to throw at equally average players. I mean come on, spurs wanted to pay 8 million plus for some diddy defender from an SPL club, how good can a league like that really be?

and they paid

Agree with all of that

Without an exceptional season / manager we wouldnt stay up with 20M and if we did it would be for another season max, sad to say but its true

i'll agree to disagree then. the EPL isnt that great.

sky and MOTD make it look great. there have only been a hanfull of matches worth watching live.

frigg me if Wigan can come from division 3 and stay in the premiership for a 3rd season why wouldnt an SPL side do the same.

dont get me wrong the EPL has some awesome players but most play in the top 4 with a handful at the rest.