African Cup Of Nations 2008

Figured I might as well start a thread for African Cup of Nations that starts today with Ghana playing Guinea. I really enjoyed the 2006 tournament and I'm looking forward to the daily highlights at 7pm on BBC Three. Anyone else similarly excited, or is the hype surrounding the tournament deceptive?

These things are always more exciting if you have a team to support, and this time, like last time, I'll be supporting Zambia. My parents lived out there for a couple of years before I was born, and seeing as I have no links with any other African nations, that's who I'll be backing.

Figured I might as well start a thread for African Cup of Nations that starts today with Ghana playing Guinea. I really enjoyed the 2006 tournament and I'm looking forward to the daily highlights at 7pm on BBC Three. Anyone else similarly excited, or is the hype surrounding the tournament deceptive?

These things are always more exciting if you have a team to support, and this time, like last time, I'll be supporting Zambia. My parents lived out there for a couple of years before I was born, and seeing as I have no links with any other African nations, that's who I'll be backing.

If you're still a student then you'll be able to watch most of the games live by pressing the red button i think. Everyone else in the real world will have to be content with the highlights when they get home from work.

If you're still a student then you'll be able to watch most of the games live by pressing the red button i think. Everyone else in the real world will have to be content with the highlights when they get home from work.

Yeah, I'm aware you can do that. Might watch the occasional game but whilst I might like to watch the highlights of Tunisia vs Senegal I'm not sure I could be bothered with the whole game! But certainly the likes of Nigeria vs Ivory Coast could be a good game to watch live and some of the matches in the later stages.

Plus one of my flatmates really hates football and my current level of viewing annoys him enough as it is without spending hours every day watching games :hysterical:

Just watched the highlights. A cracker of a game. Much more exciting than Caley vs Rangers!

Ghana created chances galore, but I think they lack up front (it took a penalty and a screamer from Muntari (a midfielder) to win it). I'm going to go with either Ivory Coast or Cameroon to win - Drogba or Eto'o probably could have had a hattrick today.

Guest glasgowdon
It worked for the game last night.

I just checked out of interest as I was watching the Madrid derby.

Cool, I'm all set to watch the Nigeria vs. Ivory Coast game at 5pm then. Should be a cracker.

Nice one.

:thumbup1:

So does anyone know if the red button on BBC defo works?

I haven't tried it yet for the Cup of Nations, but they say it will, so long as you have freeview or satellite. Often hit or miss with the interactive service though - was wanting to watch the FA Cup highlights last week and they didn't start until half an hour after they were supposed to, the screen just said they were coming soon for frigging ages.

Guest glasgowdon
I haven't tried it yet for the Cup of Nations, but they say it will, so long as you have freeview or satellite. Often hit or miss with the interactive service though - was wanting to watch the FA Cup highlights last week and they didn't start until half an hour after they were supposed to, the screen just said they were coming soon for frigging ages.

Zinc appears to have got a result.

Cheers though.

Cool, I'm all set to watch the Nigeria vs. Ivory Coast game at 5pm then. Should be a cracker.

Nice one.

:thumbup1:

I would like to, but I suspect I won't be able to justify it given all the studying I should be doing just now. I'll avoid the score till the highlights at 7 and time my dinner for the same time.

I also really shouldn't be pissing about on here...

Guest glasgowdon
3-1 now, comeback is on as Cameroon have put the foot on the gas and decided to go for it. interesting second half in store.

Egypt's 4th was a peach.

The games haven't been as fast and attacking as I was expecting.

Guest glasgowdon1983
That Katongo guy that we were linked to a while back looks a class act, pity we never sorted out a deal. Big opportunity missed.

he signed for Man United last week.

JC prob didnt fancy him over some dutch amateur.