George Burley

Out of all the candidates, Burley has to be my choice

Burns/Souness-done nothing of note for years

McGhee-decent half a season at Motherwell after years of jumping from club to club down in England achieving nothing

Burley-did really well with Ipswich and if left alone at Hearts had a real chance of winning the league, gone a bit quiet at Southampton but they've got money worries so might explain why their down bottom half

McGhee just quoted on the Sky Sports ticker, that the SFA will allow him to combine the Scotland role with his Motherwell job.

I really don't like that option. A lot of his players are in England, how is he going to have time to watch them properly while running Motherwell?

McGhee just quoted on the Sky Sports ticker, that the SFA will allow him to combine the Scotland role with his Motherwell job.

I really don't like that option. A lot of his players are in England, how is he going to have time to watch them properly while running Motherwell?

Update: SFA confirm they have chosen their candidate, but they're not telling anyone who it is yet. :laughmad:

Very pleased with this, assuming that it happens. He was by far the best candidate - McGhee will be a great Scotland manager one day if he wants it, but Burley is a better choice at the moment IMO.

Agree with that.

so glad it wasnt Burns or Sourarse.

McGhee i wcould have accepted but Burley is the man for it