David Bus To Sign This Week

I found some info on him from JDV and JC in an EE article earlier this month. He was de Graafschap's player of the year in 2005/06 so can't be all bad (although they were in 2nd division at the time admittedly).

De Visscher, who played with Bus at Dutch side de Graafschap said: "Dave is a big, tall, strong defender, has impressive stamina and never gets tired.

"He loves to get one on one with a striker, and is very good in those situations.

"He is a bit like Zander. He is the same height and the same build, but a little bit faster than Zander.

"Dave plays most of the time in the middle of defence, but can play at full-back as well.

"The Scottish game will suit him better than the Dutch.

"He can easily tackle strikers, particularly in a one on one situation.

"He always gives 100% and loves training.

"You knew in training that if you got past him, you would have to be quick or he would get back and tackle you. He is always very competitive."

Bus has been out of the picture at de Graafschap, but de Visscher, who joined from the Eredivisie side last summer, reckons Bus will fit in well at Pittodrie.

He said: "Dave is a nice person, and not glamorous at all.

"He is a very down to earth, normal guy.

"He came from the amateurs to de Graafschap, and was the club's player of the year in 2005/2006.

"A lot of clubs were interested in him after that, but he decided to stay where he was."

Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood, whose son Scott recommended Bus, said: "Dave can play in a number of defensive positions. He did very well in his first couple of seasons there and he is a player I know is rated highly."

Bus said: "I have learned in football you must rule out nothing. We will see what happens at Aberdeen.

"Scotland could be a lot of fun."

FFS some folk are being negative for the sake of it these days

Has anyone seen him play yet???

If not then how can you judge if he is going to be a good signing or not. I like to judge people when i actually watch them play before saying they are frigging sh*te and Jimmy get a grip. This guy came on trial and did quite well so lets see how he is when he puts on the famous red shirt.

FFS some folk are being negative for the sake of it these days

Has anyone seen him play yet???

If not then how can you judge if he is going to be a good signing or not. I like to judge people when i actually watch them play before saying they are frigging sh*te and Jimmy get a grip. This guy came on trial and did quite well so lets see how he is when he puts on the famous red shirt.

:laughing: :appl:

Guest LondonScottish

This lad might be ok. Better to wait and see. I hadn't heard of one or two of the signings from Holland in the eighties and they weren't exactly sh*t were they! lol

This lad might be ok. Better to wait and see. I hadn't heard of one or two of the signings from Holland in the eighties and they weren't exactly sh*t were they! lol

Aye, fair point but lookin at JC's previous Dutch buys, it does not fill me with confidence. Of course he'll get my backing when he pulls on the red shirt, that goes without saying, but just preparing myself for another calamitous Calderwood capture.