Burley News Conference

to officially announce him as scotland boss if anyone's interested.

starts in 5 mins - live on bbc website

Listened to it on the radio there....

Thought he spoke really well and sounded genuinely excited about the chance to take Scotland to World Cup Finals. However, I'm not sure he was the correct choice... my preference, even though I can't stand the man, would have been for Billy Davies.

Listened to it on the radio there....

Thought he spoke really well and sounded genuinely excited about the chance to take Scotland to World Cup Finals. However, I'm not sure he was the correct choice... my preference, even though I can't stand the man, would have been for Billy Davies.

glad it was burley.

only worry is that if he does well he will be premiership bound i'm afraid.

i picked up the free record yesterday for some reading material on the bus.

i had a read of Murdo Macleods column.

why do the papers and tv continue to employ complete bell ends who dont have an ounce of intelligence between them.

the guy thought Tommy Burns had to be the man for the job. what planet does this idiot live on

A former England captain becomes Scotlands assistant manager?

Hell would freeze over before something like this happens surely?

Do you really think so? Terry lives up here and is, to all intents and purposes these days, a 'naturalised Scot'. He regards Stirlingshire as his home.

Personally I'd be happy enough with Butcher's involvement - he wouldn't have any input to team selection or tactics and would purely be there as a motivator, something which I feel he'd be pretty good at.

Such an appointment would also absolutely sicken England fans, so on that basis alone let's hope it happens...! :thumbup1:

what does the England job have to do with this.

just pointing out that there's no problem and there shouldn't be a problem , as long as it's the right man, having a Englishman as assistant to George Burley as part of the Scotland set up.

if the English - perhaps the most anti Scottish nation on earth can accept a scot as assistant to the national team, surely e can accept a Englishman.

just pointing out that there's no problem and there shouldn't be a problem , as long as it's the right man, having a Englishman as assistant to George Burley as part of the Scotland set up.

if the English - perhaps the most anti Scottish nation on earth can accept a scot as assistant to the national team, surely e can accept a Englishman.

why?

Why? Appoint a Scott like Tommy Burns Etc as assistant.

It should be somebody Burley want's, as he will know if he can work with them or not.

where did tommy burns come from did i suggest him??

Butcher is a passionate man but he is passionate about 2 things Engalnd (our greatest rivals) and the hunnery.

thats just for starters. take that completely out of the equation and you are left with a piss poor coach.

he's done nothing to merit the praise certain parts of the press and gordon smith are giving him.