Gretna F****d

It gets better,

Same source: Innes, Skelton and Deuchar making emergency loan moves to Morton, leaving Gretna with EIGHT registered players. No timescale for this but I expect it pretty soon

Can 3 players make emergency loan moves to morton after the transfer window - i thought it was only 1 or maybe 2.

Guest LondonScottish
Hope they go back to the third division where they belong.

At least they had/have an owner who tried to make things happen. Shame Milne with 10 times the cash doesn't feel the same way.

Guest LondonScottish
good enough for them. bought their way up all the levels and never even played an spl team on route to their 'dream' journey. finally been found out for the joke club that they are. good riddance to you.

Why are they a "joke" club? Because the owner had a dream and ambition. Would you say the same about the likes of Inverness Caley, or Wigan or Blackburn for example that rose from nowhere to command a place in their respective premier leagues. At least they gave it a go, good luck to them.

Why are they a "joke" club? Because the owner had a dream and ambition. Would you say the same about the likes of Inverness Caley, or Wigan or Blackburn for example that rose from nowhere to command a place in their respective premier leagues. At least they gave it a go, good luck to them.

Inverness have lived within their means for years and would be surprised if they were in much debt at all never mind being in the state that Gretna have now themselves into.

Guest LondonScottish
Inverness have lived within their means for years and would be surprised if they were in much debt at all never mind being in the state that Gretna have now themselves into.

frigg me if debt is your yard-stick for labelling a club "a joke", where do Aberdeen Football Club stand in your joke-club rating?

I used to dislike Gretna mainly because of the media coverage they got. I think they could have been a good addition to the SPL if they hadn't been promoted last season and had another season in the First Division beforehand.

However, knowing what I know I really hope they can be saved. There is a genuine chance they won't even exist this time next year. Let's face it there's hardly a large fan base to raise money etc.

The way they have treated current and former employees has been pretty disgraceful but the enthusiasm and effort Mileson has put in has to be admired. I just hope he and his club pull through.

i would just like to point out that it was not me who replied.

they are a joke club because their distinct lack of any real fan-base. Yes I have said that about Wigan many times. I also hope they are relegated this season. However, Caley and Blackburn are not joke clubs because of their fan-base which is substantially more than Gretnas or Wigans.

Gretna have contributed sweet frigg all to the SPL and the sooner the better they are relegated.

Guest LondonScottish
i would just like to point out that it was not me who replied.

they are a joke club because their distinct lack of any real fan-base. Yes I have said that about Wigan many times. I also hope they are relegated this season. However, Caley and Blackburn are not joke clubs because of their fan-base which is substantially more than Gretnas or Wigans.

Gretna have contributed sweet frigg all to the SPL and the sooner the better they are relegated.

So joke status is now classified as having .....(1) large debts (2) small fan base (3) contributing nothing to the SPL? :laughing:

So joke status is now classified as having .....(1) large debts (2) small fan base (3) contributing nothing to the SPL? :laughing:

when did i say that they were a joke club because of having large debts may i ask??

contirbuting nothing to the SPL yes and having a small if not tiny fan base yes.

the fans at pittodrie earlier in the season was a disgrace for top flight football. they continually get humped week in week out, although occasionally getting a draw and have been found out for the mediocre side and club that they are.

Have to say it was coming and it's no surprise although the timing is. They seem to have almost given up trying to stay up recently getting rid of a load of players and bringing in young loan signings.

Although I did hear somewhere they had no chance of staying up anyway as they have NOT tried to get a groundshare in place for next season and are no where near even starting to redevelop Raydale. (which I doubt whould of happened anyway as would of cost too much and no fans to fill it)

Was good to see them reach the SPL but they were never ever going to survive and it seems the money has now dried up although Milesons illness seems to be being used to cover this up.