Eduardo Injury

1256: Eduardo is given oxygen as he is stretchered from the pitch after eight minutes of treatment. Nicklas Bendtner replaces him. We have not been allowed to see a replay of the incident - which probably tells you horrific it was.

1254: Thankfully, you rarely witness scenes like these. The Arsenal team are looking around in absolute horror at the fate of Eduardo, who is being attended to by several medics.

1251: RED CARD Birmingham

Martin Taylor gets a straight red after a challenge on Eduardo. Cesc Fabregas urgently tells the physio to attend to Eduardo, with the rest of his team-mates looking shocked. The striker is badly injured - looks like it could be a broken leg.

:angry2:

Guest LondonScottish
just noticed that the video has now been taken off youtube - no surprise really - nasty as fuk

The EPL don't allow any footage on there anyway.

Good to see Arsenal being good sports as usual.

Wenger's comments about the Taylor red card were something along the lines of "he shouldn't be allowed to play football again." Obviously the photos are horrific but watching the tackle in real time it looked pretty innocuous. Bad tackle perhaps but I don't think for one minute that he was trying to break the guy's leg.

As for Wiliam Gallas' reaction to the penalty.....

I'd sooner see Arsenal winning the title than Man U or Chelsea but they really do need to accept defeat (or in this case a draw) more gracefully. They're happy enough to take all the plaudits when things are going their way but the minute it doesn't it's a totally different story.

Have the nation gone soft?

Is it really worse than Alan Smith's or Larsson's which were in live games and shown replays from countless angles.

I've only seen it in real time so don't know for sure. But given Larsson was back within six months, Zerouali 8 months, and Alan Smith around the same timeframe. I don't see why Eduardo should be like Buust and be out for two years and eventually retire etc. Plus, doctors and surgeons are a lot better now than ten years back.

Is it really worse than Alan Smith's or Larsson's which were in live games and shown replays from countless angles.

I've only seen it in real time so don't know for sure. But given Larsson was back within six months, Zerouali 8 months, and Alan Smith around the same timeframe. I don't see why Eduardo should be like Buust and be out for two years and eventually retire etc. Plus, doctors and surgeons are a lot better now than ten years back.

That was my thought as well, we pay bloody good money to watch football, and then when there's a major incident like this, they don't show it?

Good to see Arsenal being good sports as usual.

Wenger's comments about the Taylor red card were something along the lines of "he shouldn't be allowed to play football again." Obviously the photos are horrific but watching the tackle in real time it looked pretty innocuous. Bad tackle perhaps but I don't think for one minute that he was trying to break the guy's leg.

As for Wiliam Gallas' reaction to the penalty.....

I'd sooner see Arsenal winning the title than Man U or Chelsea but they really do need to accept defeat (or in this case a draw) more gracefully. They're happy enough to take all the plaudits when things are going their way but the minute it doesn't it's a totally different story.

Have a look at the pics above, and the one below of the tackle, and you will see that Wenger has a point. Disgusting tackle, deserves the biggest punishment available imo.

r4088970274.jpg

This looks similar to Jess' break way back, and he was back after about 6 weeks, although I'd say he was never as good after the break as before.

I was one of many many people who helped Dave Buust with his treatment - in my case some 8 or so months after the incident - and believe me the scars are something else. You wouldn't wish that on your worst enemy let alone as nice a guy as he is. Luckily for him he was late into the game so had had a different career before pro football, rather than being someone who had to ponder "what on earth can I do with my life now?".

Speedy recovery, Eduardo. I bet Taylor's inconsolable. Big Eck says he isn't a dirty player and just mistimed the tackle. I'm sure plenty of others will be lining up to pass judgement though...

:angry2:

Have a look at the pics above, and the one below of the tackle, and you will see that Wenger has a point. Disgusting tackle, deserves the biggest punishment available imo.

that picture is showing the contact a split second after the ball has been knocked away by Eduardo. he was going for the ball and just mistimed it. horrible injury but harsh red imo.

there have been much worse tackles in many games this season. remember Kuyt's karate kick in the Everton game, he only got booked.

that picture is showing the contact a split second after the ball has been knocked away by Eduardo. he was going for the ball and just mistimed it. horrible injury but harsh red imo.

there have been much worse tackles in many games this season. remember Kuyt's karate kick in the Everton game, he only got booked.

Think that vid blows that theory out of the water. Right over the ball and going for the man. Doubt he wished that to happen but went to take man out anyway.

Absoloutley horrific challenge which should be punished very severly. His studs are showing its high, terrible tackle. Wengers comments are slightly overboard but we have to remember this 5 - 10 minutes after the game and he is still angry.

As for mcleish comments of "its not in the boys nature", what a shower a nonsense. Hes done him a belter and whether its in his nature or not its been done and the lad has to take responsibility for it

Absoloutley horrific challenge which should be punished very severly. His studs are showing its high, terrible tackle. Wengers comments are slightly overboard but we have to remember this 5 - 10 minutes after the game and he is still angry.

I see on MotD they read out a statement from Wenger and he said his comments were over the top and were said in the heat of the moment.