Carling Cup Final

Guest LondonScottish
WTF? Do you even know what that means?

So when Spurs fans are chanting "Yid Army" thats not ok? One of the Spurs lads here even has Y. 4RMY as his no. plate.

Spurs = Yids , so what? :fishing:

Guest LondonScottish
That is as may be lads, but this is AFC chat, not THFC-chat and some folk might find being called a yid offensive.

No-one at Spurs seems to? And this is about Spurs. :fishing:

WTF? Do you even know what that means?

That is as may be lads, but this is AFC chat, not THFC-chat and some folk might find being called a yid offensive

Yid

Fans of Tottenham Hotspur F.C. adopted "Yid" (or "Yiddo") as a nickname and "Yiddo, Yiddo!" as a battle cry and often identify themselves as "Yid Army".

I am a Tottenham fan, so if I want to say 'come on the yids' on cup final day then I will.

Yid Army

Mr 'OneZanderDiamond' I think it is you who doesn't know what it means. :fishing:

No-one at Spurs seems to? And this is about Spurs. :fishing:

well that's not true is it. Some Spurs fans don't mind, same as some AFC fans don't mind being called sheep shaggers, same as some rangers fans don't mind being called huns.

but for some it IS offensive, but for some it's not. Just saying no need for it , when say Spurs would have done instead. Nae being PC or anything, but the word YID can be taken the wrong way.

Guest LondonScottish
Black people call themselves n****rs

I asked a Jewish friend of mine what it meant and he said it was extremely offensive

It used to be/still is used as slang for a Jewish person, but that has evolved and in the last decade or so been turned on its head. When used in a football context, the word "Yid" is perfectly acceptable. And you can't see it's not if the Spurs fans have embraced it themselves. Yiddos, Yiddos, Yiddos.......or Yid Army. Standard chants at WHL.

Yid

Fans of Tottenham Hotspur F.C. adopted "Yid" (or "Yiddo") as a nickname and "Yiddo, Yiddo!" as a battle cry and often identify themselves as "Yid Army".

I am a Tottenham fan, so if I want to say 'come on the yids' on cup final day then I will.

Yid Army

Mr 'OneZanderDiamond' I think it is you who doesn't know what it means. :fishing:

Straight from your second link

sometimes used by gentiles as a pejorative term of abuse

Whatever, I'm not Jewish if you want to call yourself a yid go for it

I am a Spurs fan and go to some games and the fans sing YIDS YIDS YIDS YIDS.

You are speaking absolute garbage OneZanderDaimond.

I and all the Spurs fans I know are all YIDS.

Bla up OZD