Epl Reserve Games

Aston Villa vs Reading Reserves tonight it would seem. I notice that Liverpool v Man United reserves takes place tomorrow, maybe he will go to that and goto the races during the day somewhere!

Back up the road Wednesday morning?

That's why he stayed in glasgow last night and was on Setanta.

Not getting at him for scouting but it will leave Sandy Clark running training no doubt!

Is it a time for raging or acceptance that he's motiviationally wised tried everything he could with this squad and the only answer for him is to find replacements? End of day his options are to try and coach the current squad to a higher level and if they can't do it find replacements. I think there is a major question mark over the ability of a lot of players in our team and we need better players.

Is it a time for raging or acceptance that he's motiviationally wised tried everything he could with this squad and the only answer for him is to find replacements? End of day his options are to try and coach the current squad to a higher level and if they can't do it find replacements. I think there is a major question mark over the ability of a lot of players in our team and we need better players.

fair point but from what i can see he dross in the team he's bought and the unmotivated are unmotivated because of the boss and his barmy selections.

You & I know how motherwell are gonna line up on Wednesday so why isn't Jimmy out on the training field earning his crust, send Jimmy nic or Clark off to scout, but Jimmy should be on the training ground his week getting the players 100% right for Wednesday, after all it seems they can't even do the basics right these days

dross in the team he's bought

He has aimed high on occasions, but not had the money for fees/wages/geographical loction - from what i can remember

IIRC he's tried to buy :

Danny Koevermans

Romano Denneboom

Ferrie Bodde

Alan Gow

Gary O'Connor

Kris Boyd

Stevie Hammel

Tried to loan

Sinama Pongolle

Shaun Maloney

All decent players I guess, but he has settled for pish on more than one occasion unf.

The quality of the squad isn't great, but I think the players he's brought in are the least of his problems. Yes, the likes of Duff and Mair are pish, but he did bring in Aluko, Walker, Miller, Nicholson, Langfield, Lovell and just about every player except Diamond who anyone actually rates these days. His real problem is the organisation as far as I'm concerned, we don't have a lot of quality at the back, but we lost our first goal yesterday because our right back was playing in center midfield and our central midfielder was trying to be a right back. Basic organisation can build a solid defence even with rubbish players, so we should be able to plug the gaps with what we've got.

He has aimed high on occasions, but not had the money for fees/wages/geographical loction - from what i can remember

IIRC he's tried to buy :

Danny Koevermans

Romano Denneboom

Ferrie Bodde

Alan Gow

Gary O'Connor

Kris Boyd

Stevie Hammel

Tried to loan

Sinama Pongolle

Shaun Maloney

All decent players I guess, but he has settled for pish on more than one occasion unf.

And I could pick up the phone and ask Sir Alex for Rooney, Ronaldo and Carrick on loan for the rest of the season. It aint going to happen. Loudmouthed paper talk as usual from the balloon.

• Site Sponsor

:thumbup1:

IIRC he's tried to buy :

Danny Koevermans

Romano Denneboom

Ferrie Bodde

Alan Gow

Gary O'Connor

Kris Boyd

Stevie Hammel

Tried to loan

Sinama Pongolle

Shaun Maloney

Adebayor on loan? Anyone can aim high. He should be aiming in the middle and getting those guys before ending up with the dross that no-one else wants cause there's no-one else left

Aston Villa vs Reading Reserves tonight it would seem. I notice that Liverpool v Man United reserves takes place tomorrow, maybe he will go to that and goto the races during the day somewhere!

Back up the road Wednesday morning?

That's why he stayed in glasgow last night and was on Setanta.

Not getting at him for scouting but it will leave Sandy Clark running training no doubt!

Sandy Clark's on Radio Scotland tonight, broadcasting from their Glasgow studio.

Maybe Sandy's on a wee Jolly tomorrow too then?! Who knows...

I actually aint criticising Jimmy for going to watch these games as he has to. But best it is going to yield is another 'promising' youngster at the very best. Maybe the same potential that scores vs Bayern and then is benched versus Killie!

Anyway, I reckon he will have been down in Birmingham...

Tomorrow's racing is at Catterik, Leicester and Lingfield, thatll pass the time during the day!

And I could pick up the phone and ask Sir Alex for Rooney, Ronaldo and Carrick on loan for the rest of the season. It aint going to happen. Loudmouthed paper talk as usual from the balloon.

Don't be so stupid.

My point is that those players clearly AREN'T in the same breacket as the players you mentioned are they?

Thos are players that Aberdeen FC SHOULD be able to sign - but Milne WON'T back his manager. I'm not defending Calderwood - just making a point - he's tried to buy very good players in the past only to be told to stick it.

You must admit it would make life easier if Milne would wise up and back a manger with serious cash for once.

http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1249873,00.html

Finished 1-1. Few 'regulars' there that are out of our reach. Be interesting what of the younger players he watched

De La Cruz might have been looked at. Fits the bill: International experience, used to play in the SPL, lost all his pace....perfect replacement for McNamara.

fair point but from what i can see he dross in the team he's bought and the unmotivated are unmotivated because of the boss and his barmy selections.

You & I know how motherwell are gonna line up on Wednesday so why isn't Jimmy out on the training field earning his crust, send Jimmy nic or Clark off to scout, but Jimmy should be on the training ground his week getting the players 100% right for Wednesday, after all it seems they can't even do the basics right these days

100% for me. He's the boss, he is the one who should be directing training. The others can scout - that's scout not buy - and if they identify targtes then it's time for JC to get a personal look to see if they are any good. Basically the others set up a short list, which he then watses less time trapsing round half of England watching games where there's no-one available.

The fact he's hitting premier reserve games smacks of two things, either he's heightening his profile by getting introduced to officials at clubs who don't klnow him, and I certainly don't discount that, or he's looking for potential loan signings, suirely even Tango knows that a EPL reserve team player is highly unlikely to come to Todders for the money we offer?

Sadly, just smacks of JC getting it wrong again, whatever we would like to think, the only place we can compete with financially are the bottom two english leagues, he needs to shop there to pick up more Dean Windasses.

Don't be so stupid.

My point is that those players clearly AREN'T in the same breacket as the players you mentioned are they?

Thos are players that Aberdeen FC SHOULD be able to sign - but Milne WON'T back his manager. I'm not defending Calderwood - just making a point - he's tried to buy very good players in the past only to be told to stick it.

You must admit it would make life easier if Milne would wise up and back a manger with serious cash for once.

Why should he? We already pay some of the highest wages in the league, yet sit 9th in table. We are in better position than most of the league to get players in so can't be Milne's fault for this (a hell of a lot is Milne's fault but not this).

The splashing the cash is what got us to 14 odd million of debt but some still want to splash more cash we cannot afford????? UNBELIEVABLE

He is quoted in the paper today as saying he was down in England last night and how Jimmy Nic and Sandy Clark will watch another 11 EPL Reserve games in the next few weeks with the few to identifying players....

Yup - after telling us we cannot afford EPL youth players as on over 10k a week down there.

Surely we should be looking at players who are playing well for their current club a few divisions down instead of players who can't cut it at the clubs they are at? I'd much rather have hungry players wanting to make a step up rather than players settling for signing for us because no-one else wants them. The English lower divisions are full of players like Rob Jones and Chris Porter who would jump at the chance to sign for Aberdeen and are probably cheaper than the Premiership reserve equivalent (Dan Smith).

Surely we should be looking at players who are playing well for their current club a few divisions down instead of players who can't cut it at the clubs they are at? I'd much rather have hungry players wanting to make a step up rather than players settling for signing for us because no-one else wants them. The English lower divisions are full of players like Rob Jones and Chris Porter who would jump at the chance to sign for Aberdeen and are probably cheaper than the Premiership reserve equivalent (Dan Smith).

he wasnt even a reserve

Why should he? We already pay some of the highest wages in the league, yet sit 9th in table. We are in better position than most of the league to get players in so can't be Milne's fault for this (a hell of a lot is Milne's fault but not this).

The splashing the cash is what got us to 14 odd million of debt but some still want to splash more cash we cannot afford????? UNBELIEVABLE

I totally agree. Milne has stabilised the club financially yet still gets chastised by the financially inept on this forum.