Uefa Cup

Everton and Spurs both losing, Yids have been murder tonight.

By the same token, PSV have been utterly superb... deserve to be up by a few more! Fair play to them for travelling over to London and really having a go! Fantastic.

.... as I type this Kromkamp is really unlucky to have a goal disallowed!

Rangers did well tonight but had luck at the right time.

First goal a minute before half time. Shot from distance by Cousin, and while the ball did move a lot in the air the keeper should have done better. It was more or less straight at him at a decent height and he spilled it into the goal.

Second goal a minute after half time. Shot from angle of box that should never have caused the keeper any trouble is spilled out in the middle of the goal and Davis is there to slide it in.

Rangers can only throw it away now and a typical 4-5-1 walter smith performance next week should see them through.

I'm not jumping for joy but happy enough to see us increase our coefficient for this year and considering before tonight this was our best season in 24 seasons then were doing not bad at all.

English teams let themselves down tonight.

typical 4-5-1 walter smith performance next week should see them through.

Hopefully will be their downfall. Huns seem to worry more about opposition scoring than actually scoring themselves. especially at home with away goals. Werder Bremen are hit and miss - they could still beat Rangers or be rubbish.

I know it won;t be popular on here, but I'm hoping Rangers go through now, because sad as it is for me as a Bolton fan, it looks like no English teams in the Quarters, and one Scottish team, which would be funny - best league in the world - my arse.

does anyone know much about the uefa co-efficients? like where we'd need to be as a nation in order to get an extra uefa cup place?

is it even a possibility due to the size of our league?

Latest country rankings

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/d.../crank2008.html

Annexe 1A of this tells you which ranks get how many teams in and in what round

http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19070.pdf

Latest country rankings

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/d.../crank2008.html

Annexe 1A of this tells you which ranks get how many teams in and in what round

http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19070.pdf

cheers for that. i'd had a look on the uefa site before for this - but its nae 100% clear - why do nations like norway, austria and sweden have more teams in the uefa cup than us, yet their coefficient is lower? dinna get it. also i remember once hearing that scotland would never be eligible for 3 champions league places because a 12 team league was too small to qualify for more than 2?

edit - i see - so we'd have to rise to eighth in the rankings to get more places by the looks of it?

cheers for that. i'd had a look on the uefa site before for this - but its nae 100% clear - why do nations like norway, austria and sweden have more teams in the uefa cup than us, yet their coefficient is lower? dinna get it. also i remember once hearing that scotland would never be eligible for 3 champions league places because a 12 team league was too small to qualify for more than 2?

Cause they only have 1 in Champions League.

I know it won;t be popular on here, but I'm hoping Rangers go through now, because sad as it is for me as a Bolton fan, it looks like no English teams in the Quarters, and one Scottish team, which would be funny - best league in the world - my arse.

just goes to show the gap between the top 4 and the rest in the EPL.

top four are cleaning up in the CL whilst the rest are being frigged in the UEFA