Sepp Blatter Is Insane, With A Capital I

Guest rocket_scientist

Guest rocket_scientist

Dinna believe that boy. He thinks by giving a character assassination of Taylor, he's going to "make a real difference" to the world.

If he had ever played the game, even as a schoolboy, he would have understood that the challenge on Eduardo was not designed to maim. Quango c**t.

Guest rocket_scientist
Taylor went to hit the man no doubt in my mind. Usual hit him early and let him know you are there job. Obviously never ment to snap him in half but the intent was there for me.

Irrespective K9, did you hear Sepp? At least Arsene got a realistic perspective on matters, and apologised after his initial outburst. Blatter is an arse imo. Totally wrong.

If we aren't careful we will turn football into a complete non-contact sport. Defenders will be forced to applaud the likes of Kaka, Messi and C.Ronaldo whilst they waltz through the defence of the opposition as the slightest attempt to tackle will result in a foul and a life time ban for the defender!

Yes, bad tackles happen. Maybe extended bans for players found guilty of dangerous tackles. Life time bans? Bloody hell, one mistimed tackle could mean your banned from football for life. The injury that Eduardo suffered thankfully don't happen very often and nce again Blatter has jumped on the bandwagon and made some ridiculous comments.

More Interesting comments from Mr Blatter:

Here

Have to wholeheartedly agree with Blatter on this point. As much as we despise the old firm, scottish football needs them badly. Without the old firm the SPL would struggle to bring in any notable sponsorship or TV money. We'd be on a par with the Irish and Welsh leagues. Of course, the SPL title would be far more competitive and this could bring in greater crowds at Pittodrie, Tannadice, Easter Road etc. but the title itself would be devalued big time.

Sadly I reckon it's a case of: Can't live with em, can't live without em.

Guest rocket_scientist
Have to wholeheartedly agree with Blatter on this point. As much as we despise the old firm, scottish football needs them badly. Without the old firm the SPL would struggle to bring in any notable sponsorship or TV money. We'd be on a par with the Irish and Welsh leagues. Of course, the SPL title would be far more competitive and this could bring in greater crowds at Pittodrie, Tannadice, Easter Road etc. but the title itself would be devalued big time.

I agree totally with you here, Ingolfsson. Maybe there is hope for Blatter's sanity after all...

Its a cop out for anyone in this country to welcome proposals for the removal of our two biggest clubs. What about having goals and benchmarks to strive for? Where is the fighting spirit, the winning mentality? Even a goal to firmly establish oneself as better than the rest is right there for the taking, by any one of 5, possibly 6, clubs. I simply would never attend Pittodrie, or any Scottish game, if Rangers and Celtic were removed. It will never happen, thank goodness. Simple geography being the principal determinant.

I have to disagree completely, Eduardo was a split second quicker to the ball and you could see by Taylors reaction there was no intent at all.

Its only Taylors second red card in his 9 year career and he's also only ever had 6 bookings in his career. That tells you a bit about the player. No intent meant in it what so ever, just a split second .1 of a second late.

For me a mistimed tackle would not have been over the height of the ball with straight leg into the players shin. Even if the ball was there on the ground he would have missed it and got the man over the ball.

I felt he did go to hit him early to keep him quiet during the game. I think he deserves his three game ban but I would not look to extend it but thats just my opinion. Once he has served the ban he has served his time I feel and should be free to play the rest of the season. Unfortunate Eduardo is out for 9-15 months but that is football.

Dinna believe that boy. He thinks by giving a character assassination of Taylor, he's going to "make a real difference" to the world.

If he had ever played the game, even as a schoolboy, he would have understood that the challenge on Eduardo was not designed to maim. Quango c**t.

Speaks a load of jibberish but rarely follows through. Remember his grand idea to have the world cup played every 2 years?

that statement in bold is exactly what is wrong with Scottish football IMO.

if all 10 teams in the SPL frigged these ***kers off. where would they go??????

Guest rocket_scientist
that statement in bold is exactly what is wrong with Scottish football IMO.

if all 10 teams in the SPL frigged these ***kers off. where would they go??????

What do you mean VDA? I think the point is that the OF are going nowhere, and if the ridiculous notion that they were touting about trying to get into the EPL did actually happen (which it won't), then Scottish football would be hugely devalued. It could even be the death of the SPL. Blatter confirmed that the OF will remain in the SPL, hopefully killing the over-ambitions of the Glesga minks. I can't work out what you mean about what is wrong with Scottish Football. I'm probably being thick, but would be interested to learn if you are agreeing with us on this point, or if there is something else wrong with the OF being in the SPL.

What do you mean VDA? I think the point is that the OF are going nowhere, and if the ridiculous notion that they were touting about trying to get into the EPL did actually happen (which it won't), then Scottish football would be hugely devalued. It could even be the death of the SPL. Blatter confirmed that the OF will remain in the SPL, hopefully killing the over-ambitions of the Glesga minks. I can't work out what you mean about what is wrong with Scottish Football. I'm probably being thick, but would be interested to learn if you are agreeing with us on this point, or if there is something else wrong with the OF being in the SPL.

i think a bigg woooosh is needed for me. i missed the point big time.

i was aiming my point in the other direction. that i hate the fact we rely on thes arses so much and the SPL/SFA should be doing more to make this not the case. it would be funny if the other 10 clubs did stand up to them for once leving them with nowhere to go.

Guest rocket_scientist
i think a bigg woooosh is needed for me. i missed the point big time.

i was aiming my point in the other direction. that i hate the fact we rely on thes arses so much and the SPL/SFA should be doing more to make this not the case. it would be funny if the other 10 clubs did stand up to them for once leving them with nowhere to go.

You have now raised another issue - not about where they play, but how they rape the little resources there are in Scottish football, by taking a disproportionately high share of TV money, marketing etc. They are huge fish in this small pond, but they think they own the pond, as do their pond-life supporters.

Guest rocket_scientist

McLeish on Sky Sports News today said Blatter's comments were very poor and showed he had very little knowledge about the game.

Class. Scots do have the capacity, particularly more than most people, to say it like it is. North east people especially.

calls for a lifetime ban on taylor are a farce.

it was an accident. yes it was bad accident but twats like Wenger and Blatter should just deal with it. this happens in football sometimes.

***** that should have been banned for a long stretch are Roy Keane for openly admitting he went out to harm haaaland before. that could have been alot worse than it was.

• 8 years later...

Sepp Blatter, the disgraced former Fifa president, has claimed he witnessed the fixing of a draw for a European football competition.

Blatter, in an interview with Argentinian newspaper La Nacion, did not elaborate on which competition he believed was rigged, but said he had seen a practice whereby the balls containing team names were cooled to make their identification possible when being picked out.
Blatter said only one team had benefitted from such a practice and he distanced himself and Fifa from any involvement, instead suggesting that it had happened not on Fifa’s patch, but under European governing body Uefa’s jurisdiction.
Asked specifically by La Nacion about the draw for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, which was favourable for Argentina, Blatter said: “The draw was clean down to the last detail. I never touched the balls, something that others did.
“Of course it’s possible that they can be signalled, by heating or cooling them. It doesn’t happen in Fifa, but I’ve witnessed draws at European level where it has happened, but never in Fifa.
“Of course it can be done, but it never happened under my watch, never.”
Blatter explained how a ‘blind’ draw could be fixed, saying, “Balls are put in the freezer before the draw, at the slightest touch you can tell if the balls are hot or cold.
“By touching them you know exactly what you have.”
The Swiss, who turned 80 in March this year, is currently serving a six-year ban from all football-related activity. He is appealing the sanctions through the court of arbitration for sport.

Clearly Scottish Cup draws.